Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
8 members (Chris the camper., quinten, L.A.B., BeezaBryan, GrandPaul, Norri Robertson, Dave Comeau, Deadstiffcatt), 35 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Al Navecky Jr, Nick H, slofut, The Bonneville Shop
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#829459 11/10/2020 9:59 PM
by Nick H
Nick H
I have a 67 Triumph with no title so had a local policeman here hoping he would sign a RMV form attesting to the VIN.
Well, he refused saying the number style varied in parts of the stamping. I tried to convince him with no luck that that is they way they are.
It's quite rusted and worn but can be seen.
How does this look to forum members who have seen others?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Liked Replies
#829478 Nov 11th a 01:33 AM
by HayMike
HayMike
Just try a different inspector. The number looks fine to me, and even if it isn't, having the inspection makes it good! Here we drive an hour extra to find friendly officials. (OH)
1 member likes this
#829560 Nov 11th a 09:30 PM
by Tridentman
Tridentman
The more scattered stampings were done on Friday mornings .
In those days workers were paid cash on Thursday lunch times so Thursday evening was the big drinking night.
Friday mornings were hung over!
In those days car manufacturers in Coventry (Meriden is just outside Coventry) had a special warranty category for "Friday morning car" as on Friday morning anything could happen on the assembly line---and frequently did!
Oh BTW--it wasn't Nigel, Alistair and Angus---it was Bill, Fred and Bert.
1 member likes this
#829551 Nov 11th a 08:13 PM
by The Bonneville Shop
The Bonneville Shop
Seems like the alignment of the frame numbers on vintage Triumphs varies greatly, perhaps due to how many pints were consumed at lunch that day by Nigel, Alistair, Angus, or any of the other guys on the frame-stamping line.
1 member likes this
#829598 Nov 12th a 03:53 AM
by quinten
quinten
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
1 member likes this
#829596 Nov 12th a 03:24 AM
by reverb
reverb
I checked mine but is very difficult to take a good photo due to I put plenty of PU and clear when I painted the frame.
1 member likes this
#829638 Nov 12th a 07:20 PM
by wildbill
wildbill
Here is a number from a 1967 T120R.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com