Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
gavin eisler, Nick H
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by gavin eisler
gavin eisler
The story of the BSA A65 and A50 motorcycles 1962 -1973
By Peter Crawford
Wideline publishing.

my copy arrived yesterday, first impression, its a real hardback with lots and lots of pictures, many i had not seen before, it even smells good.

2nd impression, flicking through, Wow, its got the good stuff. Interviews with Les Mason , Dave Mason ( ex comp shop), Nigel Rollason ( started as a BSA apprentice) and many more.
Today i spent a couple of hours reading through a few sections.
Well written, beautifully presented, a very interesting technical read.
kind of sad to learn how badly managed BSA was, they had such talent on the shop floor and it got ignored.
One wee tantalizer, stock A65 balance was 70 %, if you want to go racing use 56%. lots more good stuff like this.
What it isnt, a workshop manual or spec list.
otherwise if you have one of these bikes you will learn a lot from this book.
Highly recommended. At £ 25 plus 3 quid odd postage its an absolute steal given the quality.
It came with a thoughtful letter, nice touch, please purchase from the Wideline Publications web site, that way Peter Crawford will get the full whack.
Liked Replies
by Peter Quick
Peter Quick
Originally Posted by Nick H
Originally Posted by Hugh Jörgen
Doubt that. :-)

Geez, book shipping costs are getting pretty steep.
Not just over the pond, I just shipped a book U.S. > Canada a month ago and got a little sticker shock.

Cheers

You did use "media mail'? Much cheaper

No such thing as Media Mail to points outside the USA.
1 member likes this
by Phil in Germany
Phil in Germany
Hi guys,

the book arrived quite quickly.

I have had a glance but not read through, yet. I have to state I like it. It is well written, the print and quality of the book is good.

So good value for the money even taking the significant shipping cost into account.
Let's face it, Pete should not be held responsible for the shipping cost anyhow.

I am happy to have acquired it.

Thanks again for the hint, Gavin.

Cheers!

Ph.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com