Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Boomer
Boomer
Orygone
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 84
NickL 69
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 23
Newest Members
bradders, tizianouk, Breeze, FORTYTWO, TomV
11,929 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
3 members (BeezaBryan, Stuart Kirk, Magnetoman), 16 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Tigernuts
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by reverb
reverb
Hello; I have a CWC front wheel and the factory original Dunlop rear. The front one has the chrome peeled off and is too rusty; the bike was in that condition when I bought it.
The spokes are SS Buchanan s. In the front I have two discs.

I see that the normal procedure is to remove the spokes then send the wheel to the chroming shop.
My doubt is:
When I put back again the spokes; how do I know the off sets to have the two discs right? Even with the single disc in the rear? The rear wheel seems that have more off set to one side...

Thanks
Liked Replies
by L.A.B.
L.A.B.
Originally Posted by reverb
Hi L.A.B. about the dimples in a row but observing the wheel I see that have one spoke alternated from those holes to each side; but the main problem is to obtain a true measurement of the off sets

The spokes alternate in the usual way but the rim dimples do not.

Assuming it has the standard T140 rear wheel rim there should be three dimples in a line on the left/drive side and one on the right or what's called a 3x1 dimple pattern so the 'three' must go on the left/drive side.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com