Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Ron T. in KY
Ron T. in KY
Northern KY
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 94
Rohan 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 14
Newest Members
Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A, paulski
11,838 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (triton thrasher, TrophyTR6, Gordon Gray, BeezaBryan, Morgan aka admin), 31 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Stanier8F
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Waterloo John
Waterloo John
Hi Guys
I just picked up a sweet, 1970 T100S. Except for the tins being re-painted, the bike appears to be pretty original, so my plans are to leave it that way and ride it. After adding new gas, the first issue was that the "push/pull" fuel shut-off tap leaked like a sieve ... not too surprising considering the bike had been a show piece in the former owner's recreation room for 15 years!

I had some extra fuel taps and installed one that does not have a reserve tube and will do for now until I either rebuild the original or buy one.

I did get the bike to start with the fresh fuel, but when trying to restart it. the kick start crank broke off at the splined shaft. I have a new one coming by Saturday, but want to ensure I install the crank pin the correct way. I believe the pin should be installed from the left to right with the nut ending up beside the shift lever. is this correct? Is there any precaution such as not over tightening the pin, to prevent the new one from cracking?

Also, does anyone know if new push-pull taps are available or is it best to rebuild?
Thanks
John
Liked Replies
by tiger_cub
tiger_cub
Try taking the plunger out and holding it over a boiling kettle. That should swell the cork and make it work, always has for me!
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com