Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
TJD
TJD
Devonport Tasmania
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, Beach, BSA_WM20, gavin eisler, Hugh Jörgen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by ChiefRider
ChiefRider
I need a new chain, and have read threads about o-ring and x-ring chains, but I don't plan to use either. I won't be running the wheels off of the old girl, and don't want to worry about clearance issues. That said, I still want to install a quality chain. Thanks for recommendations!

Clean-up is coming along nicely. Really pleased with the progress on the bike, and equally pleased by the overall fine condition of everything as the years of dirt and grime fall away.
Liked Replies
by NickL
NickL
Pay him enough and he'll put his name to a rubber band.
3 members like this
by triton thrasher
triton thrasher
I’m getting good service from an IWIS from the Chain Man.

My maintenance regime is “keep it oily.”
3 members like this
by leon bee
leon bee
I've been buying DID normal duty sort of bike chain. Good stuff, never disappointed. Some of the non o-ring chain out there, if it says some kind of super heavy duty it can be almost too fat and might rub. Or almost rub.
1 member likes this
by Beach
Beach
I use Iwis chains with great results.
1 member likes this
by triton thrasher
triton thrasher
Originally Posted by Ignoramus
oh really ? i kind of thought his record and ability spoke for itself ......i guess some detractor on a forum knows better however

Funny how people become “fans” of people and dish out devastating sarcasm in defence of their idol!

Celebrity testimonials are just a game that pays, for celebrities and an advert for the product.

[Linked Image from th.bing.com]
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com