Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
Triumph 650/750 High-Output Alternator Kit
by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm
New FAQ post
Missing edit button
by wrench136 - 05/30/22 2:57 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 01/28/23 3:01 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 6:30 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
British Fasteners Specs
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 1:29 pm
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 76
DavidP 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 36
DavidP 25
Newest Members
sam keller, Raz, HermDawg, 47sqfour, Blackdoctor
12,383 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,514
Posts783,703
Members12,383
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
chainreaction, Noe, slofut, The Bonneville Shop
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by slofut
slofut
Interesting... The guy I bought this from said it was a hideous green color when he got it from the original owner. So I carefully stripped away some paint to see what was there.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by slofut
slofut
A pic of a rare competition rear brake rod clevis. Fortunately I found one just like it at Ace Hardware across the street, who woulda thunk! Welded up a crack in the rear fender, and some paint pics. Keeping in mind this is a rider, not a show bike. Everything that comes off gets rebuilt though...
Attached Images
2 members like this
by slofut
slofut
Wow now that's a proper 70 Tr6r, I even like the color.
1 member likes this
by R Moulding
R Moulding
Just for clarity those pics are of a TR6R, the TR6 had the large tank and was just painted Spring Gold with no stripe, the guards were striped as per the export models.
1 member likes this
by chainreaction
chainreaction
A few pics i have of original TR6 Tiger paint.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 member likes this
by slofut
slofut
I'll try to post more pics of my bike again in keeping with the original subject of this thread, but I've been having trouble uploading pics to the BB site. I've refrained from using PB and Flikr even though I have so many photos stored on both, I'll be renting their storage in perpetuity. So, on forums I try to use the embedded photo storage that way they will be there as long as the site remains and you won't have those nasty blank PB hosted images. Also I prob should have posted this in the projects and resto section... facepalm
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
I see you have had to weld-repair the usual crack at the bottom front of the rear fender.
This is sometimes caused by not having enough clearance for the swing arm, allowing it to hit the fender.

Check that, and also make a reinforcing plate to mount along the inside bottom of the fender in that area.
I used all three holes: the outer two for mounting the reinforcement, the center one for mounting the fender to it's bracket on the frame.
1 member likes this
by Stein Roger
Stein Roger
I haven't really sat down with BB for a while due to a busy schedule, and haven't noticed this thread before. Nice going! To be honest a TR6 is hard to beat when it comes to practicality with decent power. A Bonnie may be stronger above 6000 or so, but not by much, and the throttle response below that is nicer on a TR6. In my opinion anyway.
There seems to be some debate over colors, which is almost always an engaging and very subjective.. err... subject.
Personally I like the metallic green "Spring Gold", and I most definitely like the Aubergine and White scheme from 67 that Irish dislikes so much, as I chose it for my Trident! laughing
Anyways, here's a couple of pics of the TR6 GB spec bike I just overhauled.
I've done the engine and the vapor honing on it, everything else was done my Mr. PO.

SR
Attached Images
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com