Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 80
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Magnetoman, bsalloyd), 18 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Lorenzo, steve-d
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by steve-d
steve-d
Hello all, I recently finished my refurbishment of this 77 Bonneville. Replaced all hydraulics relating to the front and rear brake system as well as many other parts. I noticed the front brake system works exceptionally well. The rear however is spongy and won't even lock up the rear wheel.

I replaced the MC (adjusted per Triumph and Lockheed manual). Quite disconcerting as there is an amazing amount of sponginess in the rear. Is there an easy way to further bleed the rear fully? I really don't wish to visit the 7th circle of hell by removing the axle to allow for the movement of the caliper to further bleed the system as suggested in the manual.

Hoping there is an alternative. Steve
Liked Replies
by L.A.B.
L.A.B.
Originally Posted by steve-d
I wasn't aware the bracket was free to move with the fasteners tightened in place. I just assumed it was locked down and needed to be freed up in order to move the caliper.

It saves having to loosen the linkage each time the chain requires adjustment (and the potential to forget to retighten it again)?
2 members like this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com