Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 87
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (Norri Robertson, Gordon Gray, Magnetoman, BrizzoBrit, chaterlea25), 26 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Stein Roger
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#814945 07/03/2020 11:41 PM
by Bikeosaurus
Bikeosaurus
The bike is a 74 T150V, the only casting mark I can find on the head is ‘68’ on the left exhaust fin,

Does this mean it’s an AM head?
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#815381 Jul 7th a 05:09 PM
by Adam M.
Adam M.
In my AM head all 3 exhaust ports looked like a middle port pictured above. Did all three according to Triumph bulletin and am happy with general performance of the bike. However in my A65 exchanged a head in fourth year of ownership from big port to small port head and the result was tremendous not only with an added torque below 3000 rpm but everywhere. Much more fun during town riding and because I live in very big town, more fun altogether. Finally that bike looked to be capable of 100 mph and I tried 90 mph for quite a distance.
So yes, I'm very curious of this reversible change Stein Roger did.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com