Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
MikeJ
MikeJ
San Mateo, CA USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
11 members (KevRasen, desco, D.Bachtel, wilksville, John Harvey, Spitfire Ken, Magnetoman, triton thrasher, konon, M.Gunderson, Stuart Kirk), 44 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Tribsauk
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Tribsauk
Tribsauk
As per heading, I have recently bought a old 70,s Triumph chopper which has had a few frame mods which are are total bodge..The frame itself is a 1947 speedtwin and someone has raked the head stock for 4" overstock forks, this I have now got back to original rake, The measurements I need are for the rear frame section as this has been slugged ( lengthened) to lower rear end. I need to know the length of the top tube from casting which bolts to front loop to the casting for the rear wheel, and the measurement of lower rail taken from the rear of brake pedal casting to the casting for the rear wheel . I would like to get this back to original wheel base.I intend to build a 50,s custom style bike as it will never be a standard bike again as to many parts are missing, but will still make a nice bike.If you have a similar bike and can take these measurements I would be grateful.
Liked Replies
by Gordo in Comox
Gordo in Comox
Tribsauk: I measured a 53 Speed Twin sprung hub frame which I believe is the same as a rigid frame.

Top tube from front casting to wheel casting is 16 9/16 inches. (ignores slight bend in tube)

Lower tube from brake pedal casting to wheel casting is 9 5/16 inches.

As well the drawing in the link given above does not show the bends very accurately.

Gordo
1 member likes this
by AngloBike
AngloBike
https://www.tonupclassics.com/2013/06/triumph-pre-unit-twin-tiger-cub-and.html

Any good?
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com