Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
BSA_WM20, DJinCA, gavin eisler, Gordon Gray, hacksaw, henryanthony, Jon W. Whitley
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#813674 06/23/2020 2:53 PM
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
Probably a bad Idea to start this thread, but sick of Stupid rename, tear down, pretend it isn’t so...... erase history, burn the books! Tearing the country and the culture apart. The thinking that paid protesters wreaking havoc in all directions will cause enough unrest to make the U.S. fall isn’t so far fetched. It’s happening before your eyes. Is it crazy to think the money supporting the unrest might be coming from our enemies? Think about it..... who would gain? Not us.
If someone here is better at Web search, The Twin Cities, MN paper, June 22, article that Indian Motorcycles will change its name. They cite “death threats..” OK, so 1901 didn’t happen, and at that time was the “word” offensive...? Its out of control.
Liked Replies
#814290 Jun 28th a 03:17 PM
by kevin
kevin
you bet.

im one of them.

i believe in science.

i believe in education.

i believe in a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. not billionairez and their bankers.

i believe in fact checking politicians.

i believe in comparing multiple news sources.

i believe monuments to racists should be removed from the public space and transferred to any private space that will take them

i believe violent and murderous police officers should lose their jobs and face justice.

i believe that america should not follow dizhonezt demagogues who sell out their public trust for personal gain.

i believe attention to these ideas are among the things that made america great, and i look forward to a time when americans remember who we used to be.

lol

but tbats juzt me
3 members like this
#813720 Jun 23rd a 09:02 PM
by rick e.
rick e.
Originally Posted by raf940
i agree 100% with lannis about the 'news' I have been a journalist for 30 years with many many awards the mainstream news media is based on drama/excitement/entertainment it is irresponsible editorializing posing as 'reporting' a true news story states the facts and does not spin it one way or another,,,,,,,,,,,a reporter should be just that a reporter and not a social commentator.....I am from the old school of reporting by the way I was taught to tell the facts and let the reader/listener/viewer draw their own conclusions otherwise is propaganda...I blame the main stream media for 80% of the troubles we are seeing today because it has incited the masses and gives 'protestors' the attention they depend on/crave....just like misbehaving kids feed into their hissy fits and they keep pitching them...…….

Ya, total peace and harmony for 1000's of years until the mainstream media came around.
2 members like this
#813718 Jun 23rd a 08:36 PM
by raf940
raf940
i agree 100% with lannis about the 'news' I have been a journalist for 30 years with many many awards the mainstream news media is based on drama/excitement/entertainment it is irresponsible editorializing posing as 'reporting' a true news story states the facts and does not spin it one way or another,,,,,,,,,,,a reporter should be just that a reporter and not a social commentator.....I am from the old school of reporting by the way I was taught to tell the facts and let the reader/listener/viewer draw their own conclusions otherwise is propaganda...I blame the main stream media for 80% of the troubles we are seeing today because it has incited the masses and gives 'protestors' the attention they depend on/crave....just like misbehaving kids feed into their hissy fits and they keep pitching them...…….
2 members like this
#814256 Jun 28th a 03:11 AM
by henryanthony
henryanthony
Originally Posted by Jon W. Whitley
Make no mistake, leftists do want to topple this country and we must be vigilant to ensure that they are not successful. Your post is a good highlight of the nature of the threat we are facing currently.

Seriously?
1 member likes this
#814341 Jun 28th a 09:02 PM
by Mike Baker
Mike Baker
Science. Who's science? IME one can find science to support anything you want supported.
Education. Indoctrinate to who's vision?
Government by the people etc. Yep. Unfortunately government is overrun by billionaires and bankers. Always has been. Don't see that changing even if the left wingers get THEIR guy in the white house.
Fact checking. EVERY politician. Is there an honest politician? Seriously doubt it.
Multiple news sources. All news sources are businesses. They exist to make money. They will say what their financers tell them to. Follow the money.
Monuments. Tough one. I can't abide racism in any form. But we need to be reminded of the past if only to not make the same mistakes. Statues commemorating racists in public places are probably not the best way to do that. But maybe adding verbiage to existing statues telling the rest of their story?
Violent and murderous police ( carpenters, doctors, sewer workers, politicians, ad nauseum) should lose their jobs and face justice.
Demagogues. I hope you realize that almost all who reach for political "leadership" positions fit that description. It doesn't just apply to the current "leader".
Getting back to who we used to be seems to be trying to look at the past through rose colored glasses. What made any society great has always had a lot to do with taking advantage of weaker societies.
Sorry if I sound cynical.
1 member likes this
#814343 Jun 28th a 09:11 PM
by raf940
raf940
i agree with mike
1 member likes this
#813676 Jun 23rd a 03:04 PM
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
I agree with the attitude adjustment. I also am afraid the complacency we have will be our downfall.
How do you get ready for the worst?
1 member likes this
#814285 Jun 28th a 02:48 PM
by Jon W. Whitley
Jon W. Whitley
Originally Posted by henryanthony
Seriously?

Seriously thumbsup
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com