Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Howie
Howie
England
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
slofut
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#812213 06/11/2020 11:13 PM
by Hudtm60
Hudtm60
Anyone ever had this happen to a headlamp bulb? Seems a little extreme. I’m worried that my stator clearance is a bit tight and wonder if the rotor were ever to touch would something like this happen.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Liked Replies
#812240 Jun 12th a 10:03 AM
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
+1 what Don said. Small imperfections in the glass bulbs are the weakest link when they're vibrating and shaking on these old bikes.

I have an LED bulb in a halogen reflector. The LED bulb mimics the halogen beam focus. The halogen reflector has the added benefit of being shallower than the BPF ones. Not only is this a cheaper alternative to BPF LED's, this also allows more room for the wires in the headlight bucket, where space is already at a premium.

I'm a big fan of the stock look (and experience), but this is nice compromise as I can see the road at night now!

Cheers,

Steve
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com