Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
D.Bachtel
D.Bachtel
SLO County, CA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Gordon Gray, kurt fischer
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
So after lusting for one of these for a few years, I finally came across an opportunity to purchase one. Seems to be 99% there and unmolested.

Goal is not a full-on resto but just get it up and running and the ride it! Super-stoked and feeling challenged b/c I know next to nothing about BSA's or triples, but I'm sure with the collective wisdom of the group, I'll be successful!

Going to PA in the next week or so to collect it. As it's not currently running (does turn-over) owner (British fellow) says the compression feels low. The goal is to get the engine sorted and running then get the bike road-worthy. Anything I should do out of the gate upon collection of the bike to help me? I do plan on bringing a few tools, multi-meter and compression tester.....

Cheers,

Steve
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
More:
Attached Images
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com