Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleIndustrial tec supplyHepolite PistonsThe Bonneville Shop

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Peter Quick
Peter Quick
Jaffrey, NH, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Allan G
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by GeauxTwins
GeauxTwins
Every 60 to 100 miles I have to add 100 to 150 ml of oil in my A65T 1970 primary case,
Bike is not leaking oil beside the rear chain oil drip,
Any ideas where is my oil going too?
I can't see any connecting holes between the primary and crankcase as on my Triumph 500 and 650.
Thanks
Liked Replies
by Ignoramus
Ignoramus
OLA

no way would the amount of primary oil loss OP is talking about ( "Every 60 to 100 miles I have to add 100 to 150 ml of oil in my A65T 1970 primary case,") be accounted for by a bit of oil mist from primary being drawn into the sump in such a short time ,

as for the suggestion of "but you can try to turn the seal the other way round next time you are in there." ........why on earth would anyone do that when they can get a new seal for $5/10 maybee

BSA got a few details a bit wrong but i think they designed the seal facing the right way
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com