Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

BLACK FRIDAY MEMBERSHIP OFFER 2021

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership Life Membership

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

New Sponsor post
The BLACK FRIDAY SALE is here!
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/23/21 5:29 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
TR6Ray
TR6Ray
Illinois, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 74
NickL 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Gus_Carrero, mogmike, Julian1966, BSACliff, Bezza Frank
11,920 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (Doug P, Chris Johnson, NickL, KC in S.B., quinten, reverb), 19 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Allan G
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#807319 04/30/2020 8:59 PM
by Nick H
Nick H
My A65 kick lever is loose and will shift back and forth an inch or two as if the cotter pin is not holding it.
I ordered a second pin from "BSA nut" on Ebay because I heard the BSA ones were special
but it looks basically the same and doesn't work any better.

Yes, I have the nut facing forward.

I even put the pin in "upside down" as a test - and it doesn't tighten.
Has anyone seen this? Would a shim help?
Liked Replies
#807674 May 3rd a 11:45 AM
by Nick H
Nick H
Thanks again Allan! Very informative photos.
1 member likes this
#807622 May 2nd a 11:26 PM
by Jon W. Whitley
Jon W. Whitley
I just recently as in the last few days, figured out I had mismatched parts. In my case, I had an OIF quadrant and was trying to fit a 1970 and earlier kicker. The quadrant was an NOS part that was sent to me for my 1970 A65F Firebird. Of course,when I fitted it, I had no clue there was a difference. And, as Allan stated, the gear is cast with the previous part number 68-3094. Just today, I swapped it out for the correct quadrant and other changes that needed to be performed. Now, everything is as it should be !!
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#808571 May 11th a 02:01 PM
by kommando
kommando
The cotter pins are soft so they are sacrificial, if you do replace with a hardened pin then you need to ensure everything is like new and the pin never comes loose. If a hardened pin comes loose then it will eat into the much more expensive kick shaft.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com