Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Leander (Central) Texas, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, Beach
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by richiedan40
richiedan40
Hello lads , yesterday whilst coming back from the shops on my a65 , all above board may I add , the steering column has packed in on the car !
the a65 just died , ground to a silent halt . A few tests on the side of the road revealed no spark at all , but power everywhere else , lights ok , horn ok. So ... I’m presuming the electronic unit ( Boyer mk 4 micro has failed )
Does any one know if Boyer sell direct to the public , and if they just sell the bits I need , and how do I eliminate the good bits and get to the bad ?
Ie is it the pick up or the electronics ?
And... are there better units than Boyer ? This is only three years old !
Any help appreciated
Kind regards
Richie D
Liked Replies
by Phil in Germany
Phil in Germany
Hi Allan,

at least Ernie Bransden states the maximum current though the blackbox must not exceed 5 amps, see here, general data, bullet point 3.

I have never had issues with a 5 amp-fuse in the feeder to the box.

Cheers!

Ph.
1 member likes this
by John Healy
John Healy
When I turn the ign on and then off I get a spark , but only the once . Then it stops . If I leave it 20 mins it’ll spark again . Very weak.

That "leave it for a time" is a symptom of a bad battery
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com