Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Ian Ashdown
Ian Ashdown
SoCal
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 94
Rohan 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 14
Newest Members
Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A, paulski
11,838 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
3 members (Al Eckstadt, Chip H, Tom A65LR), 18 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
bon
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#804724 04/09/2020 11:03 PM
by bon
bon
I have been asked by an acquaintance to drill the five largish holes in a triumph/bsa rear hub to replicate a manx type, and fit the fine gauze to keep rubbish out of the brake. The drilling is no issue, but can anyone tell me how the gauze is fixed in ? I have seen some dreadful looking solutions online and it needs to look like the manx set-up.
Liked Replies
#805191 Apr 13th a 03:58 PM
by DMadigan
DMadigan
You might be able to leave a flange on the inside and JB Weld it to the hub. Probably not what Manx would have done.
I think he wants this:
[Linked Image from classicandvintagesuspension.co.uk]
1 member likes this
#809618 May 20th a 03:12 PM
by sammysnail
sammysnail
My Manx had gauze that was formed into a top-hat section and pushed into the holes from the inside of the hub.The fit was what kept it in place. There were no holes in the brake plate.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com