Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Morgan aka Admin
Morgan aka Admin
Sävedalen, Sweden
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
JubeePrince, TR6Ray
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#804646 04/09/2020 1:13 PM
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
Took out the bike for some ‘essential’ riding to feed my mind, body and soul. Three hours of riding the backroads near my home, there was beauty everywhere, even in the midst of this Pandemic and the chaos, grief and confusion it brings.

For some reason my eye was drawn to old barns: they have outlasted the people who built them and will probably outlast most of us.

Flowers: with such uncertainty in our everyday lives, there is something constant, familiar, and hopeful as spring brings on the blooms and colors of the season.

Finally, a solitary Church on a hill, signifying sanctuary.

I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them...
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#804675 Apr 9th a 04:35 PM
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
Steve
Thanks for sharing these photos! It’s been lovely out and the (motorcycling) year is just getting started. Hope you don’t mind me tagging a couple of my own photos onto your thread.

I’ve ridden a bit this week, getting out Sunday and yesterday for short rides, and a much longer ride Tuesday. I did not take a camera and barely took any photos at all- just a couple phone pix, which I now present:

First, in my driveway

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

and two pix from atop Waggoner’s Gap, 1400 some-odd feet above the floor of the great Cumberland Valley here in good ol Pennsyltuckey along PA route 74, north of Carlisle

Looking closely at the above pic, one may notice the speedo cable slacking. Well it’s easy to look back at photos and hindsight is always better than foresight anyway. I did NOT notice this cable slacking and caught it in my centerstand, tore it right out of the speedo! Damn.

Ah well. Meanwhile the weather is shifting today. The wind is howling, storms are blowing through. Temperatures are falling, and we won’t be riding today, tomorrow, or until the weather gets back to being reasonable again. So, instead of looking at the world thru a helmet’s visor, all I see is this out the living room window

Just the same, I’ve not giving up hope
because

Hope Springs Eternal
2 members like this
#804647 Apr 9th a 01:35 PM
by Tridentman
Tridentman
Good and positive---thanks, Steve!
A great change from the Big V ranting on this board.
I never knew there were so many epidemiologists who rode Brit bikes!
1 member likes this
#804695 Apr 9th a 07:38 PM
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
Yesterday, in Northern Illinois: 70 degrees F. warm and sunny.
Today: 40 degrees F. and strong, cold winds.

But my daffodils are up and blooming!
1 member likes this
#804651 Apr 9th a 01:41 PM
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
Attached Images
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com