Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade to Premium membership HERE! Premium Membership

New Sponsor post
15% Off Black Friday Sale
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/24/22 5:51 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Kev Ev
Kev Ev
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
DavidP 56
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Bry 22
raf940 16
Newest Members
Salvador, tripp2727, Martin Raymond Emery, Sundance, BSANoob
12,323 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jon W. Whitley, Richard Phillips, bsawood, Gordon Gray, L.A.B., SamAdamson, MurrG), 31 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,635
Posts782,301
Members12,323
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
slofut
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Robert Dentico
Robert Dentico

I need to replace the plastic connectors in the headlight shell of the T-140-V as they are prone to becoming compromised, overheating etc... 

My usual purveyor supplied me with a bag of replacement male bullets and female bullet connectors. 

Now I have soldered some connections on the bench but these will need to be done in place, in the headlight shell. 

The original bullet connectors all over the harness appear to have been crimped.  Are they soldered as well...?  
Wondering if there is a specific style crimping tool to crimp these or in fact, do I solder them...?  

Thanks much,
Rob
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Hermit
Hermit
CORRECTION TO EARLIER POST

In what I originally posted here I said that I had successfully crimped contemporary bullets (as supplied by British Wiring) on imperial conductors (an original 1969 T120 wiring harness).

When I went over to the shop today I realized that the harness laying on the bench, the one I used for my bullet experiment, was NOT the original, but a British Wiring reproduction! No wonder those conductors went in so snug and crimped down so tight.

When I retrieved the original harness and crimped a #14 bullet onto one if its 14-strand conductors I discovered that:

A) The wires did not fit so snugly in the bullet, they were actually quite loose
B) It didn't take too much of a yank to pull the strands right out of the bullet.

Which is exactly what Stuart said in his post above

Apologies for confusion I created. Thanks to koan58 for heads-up.

1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com