Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Tazaroo
Tazaroo
Wisconsin
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
splash
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by splash
splash
Alright guys and maybe a few gals, I'm just about done as I wait for the head from the machine shop. I wonder about the things I should do and what I should not do. What are some common mistakes made after fresh rebuild? What is the best oil type to run and for how long?

Also, the small piece of the oil feed tube in the primary was broken off and missing. After going back together with the primary I noticed something stuck on the clutch basket sprocket. There it was embedded in the teeth as it was ran over a few hundred thousand times by the chain. It was a piece about an inch long. I pulled the tube off disconnecting it all together. I still do not understand it's purpose. How important is this oil drip tube or whatever it does? To my limited knowledge it doesn't hook up to an oil line or anything on the other side of the alternator sprocket and I'm leaning toward leaving it disconnected altogether.
Liked Replies
by reverb
reverb
...so they will send the taps at no cost? If the threads are wrong like you say and if you decide to tap the threads, may be would be better to measure the bores before. May be in all that mismatched thingy Harris put 750 jugs on that 650 cylinder barrel; hence those 26TPI
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com