Originally Posted by Irish Swede
The switch shown in Quinten's drawing is a "flick switch," standard on 1968-74 500 Triumphs and some 650 Triumphs and BSAs.

When you get it wired up, all you will have to be concerned with is water getting into it.<snip>
I would just add that I found out the hard way you have to be very careful about keeping the spade terminals at their original angle, otherwise they can short against the housing. First good bump = blown fuse.