Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade to Premium membership HERE! Premium Membership

New Sponsor post
15% Off Black Friday Sale
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/24/22 5:51 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Steve Erickson
Steve Erickson
The Northwoods... Michigan
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
kevin 56
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Bry 24
Newest Members
NDarwin, Bas classic bikes, lojo, Doug McLaren, Randy Maui
12,332 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
9 members (Hugh Jörgen, TinkererToo, RPM, Villiers, Gordon Gray, Lannis, BigBars, Big Al in York, BeezaBryan), 23 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,675
Posts782,860
Members12,332
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#888944 08/21/22 1:28 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Announcing the website for the International Rally in South Australia 2023 is https://www.bsainternationalrally2023.com/ and the Facebook page is "BSA Owners Club of South Australia Inc - International Rally 2023",
https://www.facebook.com/BSA-Owners...International-Rally-2023-113354771141303

The booking for the site accommodation will be opened on the 1st August 2022, and will only allow non-Australians to book.

The venue and rally headquarters for the 60th BSA International is the Hahndorf Resort.
It is situated approximately 27 kilometres east of the capital city of Adelaide. The Adelaide Hills and surrounding areas provide many different experiences for riders of all abilities, we have chosen rides that will be a good experience for all. We intend to make booking accommodation and rally entry as easy as possible.
The Adelaide International Airport is some 35 kms from the venue site, approximately 30 minutes drive in to the Adelaide Hills.

The email address for any query is [email protected] any queries will be answered as soon as possible.

Accommodation
Accommodation can only be booked through the Hahndorf Resort office. (No booking agencies will be able to book for this rally.
Any attempts to use an agency will be answered with a no vacancy answer)

International entrants will have from 1st August 2022 to mid September 2022 before Australian entrants can book accommodation.
This is to try to get as many of the international participants in to the venue as possible.
The venue office will also advise of any other accommodation available if someone requires a different site.
All enquiries for accommodation must state that it is for the BSA International Rally, if that is not stated, then again they will be told there is no vacancy.
We have exclusive access to the resort accommodation until the end of July 2023, when if not all booked out others will be able to get in.
The venue website is www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au
For bookings the email address is [email protected]

There is also the Old Mill Restaurant Motel just over 1 kilometre from the entrance to the Hahndorf Resort.
This motel has 22 rooms which will only open for booking of accommodation 6 months from the rally (May 2023), and there are quite a few other Motels, B&B’s within the township of Hahndorf.
There is also an option to hire camping equipment if anyone would like that option or make an enquiry about this please email [email protected]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Bookings for accommodation are going well and the Resort are happy the way things are going, so Mid September the rush will be on for Australians to book. I hope overseas people don't wait for the last minute, so I have sent a reminder to people on the expression of interest group to help them remember.

Thrash, Bang, Re-Build...
1 member likes this: BrizzoBrit
British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Great to see it back in Australia. Still regret missing the previous one. Would love to attend. Anyone have a foreign exchange Beeza loaner program I could join?

-
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by ChadB
Anyone have a foreign exchange Beeza loaner program I could join?
We hadn't given much thought to loan bikes yet, but should have a few available. With Covid restrictions and likely high air fares, it's tricky to guess how many people will be attending and needing bikes.
Our BSA National Rally is in late October, with a planning meeting at the end, similar to Internationals. I'll see if loan bikes can be on the agenda.

One of the limiting factors is how many people we have attending who can haul extras cross-country. It's 900 miles from Sydney to Adelaide, and 1,200 from Brisbane

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Put deposit down on a cabin yesterday..

Bill B...

Boomer
2 members like this: BSA_WM20, Shane in Oz
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Thomas and Selena put the deposit on a cabin for us. We are so thankful that they are our friends and saw fit to alert us to the reservation dates. Also, I was wondering if anyone is riding from the Melbourne area or Sidney area (Shane) as we have to decide where to fly into and if we borrow a motorcycle from Thomas again. My friend John Jennings is on the list for a visit to Kangaroo Valley so leaving from that area is on the list of possibilities. My wife is becoming less able to sit on a bike for days so that has become a factor too. I, on the other hand, cannot get enough of it. She appreciated riding with Trevor, Mike, Shane, Kirk, Steve, and the boys last time. In fact, the ride over was the fun part. We felt that the Australian culture (motorcycle at least) was opened to us by the whole experience as opposed to riding a bus to see the sights. BSA is the ticket to ADVENTURE!

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Gary, we've been offline at the BSA National for the last few days, so didn't see this earlier. I did get a bit of time to talk to Thomas, but mostly the usual rally lies and the All British Rally next April.

The trip to Halls Gap was a real blast, but a repeat seems unlikely.

It looks like we'll be driving across to SA next year. We don't really have enough of us going to be able to take loan bikes and have many riding as well.
Steve will be trailering bikes, Trevor and I will most likely take the Navara and trailer, and Mark will probably join us near the Victorian border.
We have another couple of contenders, so hoping for a decent contingent.

The current heavy rain and flooding in Victoria and south-west NSW meant some of the Vic and SA contingent didn't make it to the National, so we didn't get far with plans for getting to SA next year.

I know a few people already have loaners organised, and Chad's on the list, so if anybody else needs a bike, please get your request in.

Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
There is a Facebook group to arrange/offer loan bikes.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/647998547070065

Last edited by Andy Lorenz; 10/24/22 7:56 am.

Thrash, Bang, Re-Build...
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Gary,
Looking forward to catching up which to my shame I have not done previously.
I am really a face to face type person & glad to hear that you are both healthy & well .
A group ride would be nice but getting to Adelaide from NSW on a bike is really only viable via the Great Ocean Road .
All the other routes have you crossing the plains which are painful unless you are a desert racing fan .
And if we get a 4th LaNina ( quite on the cards apparently ) there will be problems crossing the rivers .
Mark is still maning the road blocks & finding himself ankle deep in flood waters on a daily basis .
There is a chance we might ride from Walla Walla as we do for the All British Rally ( near the NSW / Vic border ) .
Shane & I have some nutting out to do about the trip yet & I need to extract the opposing digit to get a bigger bike ready if we do .
Having just spent a week post rally riding around Gloucester my motorcycle riding genes are working overtime .
However it all depends upon numbers of potential starters .
And neither Shane nor I do anything on Face Book so we will need to be contaced via this thread .

Last edited by BSA_WM20; 11/02/22 4:47 am.

Bike Beesa
Trevor
Sponsor
Sponsor
I booked a cabin room. Now just need to arrange a loner bike. I'm looking forward to yet another Australian BSA Rally! Haven't figured out the best flights to take yet.

check out: www.bsaunitsingles.com
3000 BSA part numbers with inventory in stock just for the unit singles!
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Peter
I will pass this along to the other Peter unless you have already put the bite on him .
AFAIK the ame crowd from the NSW club will be there.
Shane has already booked a big room

Bike Beesa
Trevor

Moderated by  Andy Lorenz 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com