Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
2023 Classic Triumph Motorcycle Calendars
by C.B.S - 09/22/22 5:28 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Dave Comeau
Dave Comeau
Hamilton, Mass. USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
kevin 115
DavidP 60
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 30
reverb 29
Newest Members
Pacho, Abtinnmant150, Fritzer_108, Ratty, paul cheswick
12,261 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (crabby15, pidjones, Gordon Gray, Andy Higham, mr.moto, Opo, TR7RVMan), 18 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,325
Posts777,860
Members12,261
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
P
Originally Posted by Ignoramus
Guy I know sent a pre-war Panther tank to India to be copied ,,,AND he actually got it back with the new one.
Seems to me that all Indian tank makers are not created equal... some are very good , some are rubbish and everything in between,

so how to find a good one?

Only dealing with sellers with 100% positive feedback would be a good idea.

I identify as being fully vaccinated.
BSA on eBay
Life Member
Online Content
Life Member
Originally Posted by Pureblood
Guy I know sent a pre-war Panther tank to India to be copied ,,,AND he actually got it back with the new one.
Seems to me that all Indian tank makers are not created equal... some are very good , some are rubbish and everything in between,

Only dealing with sellers with 100% positive feedback would be a good idea.

That's pretty much what I did. There was a fellow who was getting good reviews.....I'm thinking that thread is still around.
I sent a tank.....fiberglass to be reproduced out of metal. Took ages but I wasn't in a hurry. I did not want the tank I sent them back and was happy it stayed in India. I like to think of it flying down the road strapped to some two wheeled contraption.

The new tank from India is a bit heavy.......came sorta rough but I was lucky enough to have Don Roe around to sort it out. IMO it fit and looks good and has been leak free ( fingers crossed) for 3-4 years now? OH......they copied the tank pretty well. I did have them add inserts for the tank strap.....unit single fiberglass didn't have them......metal tanks did. I’m not one of those folks that don’t know what the studs/inserts are for.

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 09/13/22 2:16 pm.

Gordon Gray in NC, USA........"STOP blaming the bike!!!!”
1 member likes this: Allan G
P
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
P
Just found this and thought it was interesting.

1 member likes this: gavin eisler
M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
. some are very good , some are rubbish and everything in between,

Easy…. Don’t buy in india yourself! But buy from a wellknown re-seller, they will do the quality control for you…

I sell on a weekly/monthly basis fuel tanks for BSA bought from a wholesale company, and have very seldom issues…
Tried india myself recently with a mudguard the wholesale Company did not list… well Never again, the product sucks and even more the attitude from the seller…so beware

Harold / Motolab.nl
BSA: W35-11 (sloper) ‘35, WM20 '40 M21,B31 '54 B33 '55 ZB34GS '49, DBD34GS '58, DBD34GS ‘60
Triumph 5T '49 + T100 + speedkit
Moto Guzzi LeMans '79
BMW R51/3 '51, R100GS '89
P
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
P
Originally Posted by Motolab
. some are very good , some are rubbish and everything in between,

Easy…. Don’t buy in india yourself! But buy from a wellknown re-seller, they will do the quality control for you…

I sell on a weekly/monthly basis fuel tanks for BSA bought from a wholesale company, and have very seldom issues…

Whats the name of the company ?

M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
I can not see in what country you live in…

Bateman is in The UK as far as i know. But your images, look more like scandinavia or Canada to me, not UK..

So look for a reputable BSA parts dealer in your home country and ask them for a fueltank…

I sell them but my company is in The Netherlands, that makes no sence regarding shipment costs if you are on the other side of the world…

Another “thing”. In europe, your goldenflash should have the round bage bigger tank in chrome, in the US and Canada the smaller two US gallon tank was in the catalog…. More like the one you bought from india yourself…

Have a throughout research first regarding what you need…. I have only knowledge of the European BSA catalogs..

IF you can not find a dealer in your country, i can help ( only) with the big European style chrome round badge (to be used with the original badge clips ) but as said, incl shipment, that is a expensive exercise if you are on the other side of the globe from me..TBH

Harold / Motolab.nl
BSA: W35-11 (sloper) ‘35, WM20 '40 M21,B31 '54 B33 '55 ZB34GS '49, DBD34GS '58, DBD34GS ‘60
Moto Guzzi LeMans '79
P
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
P
Originally Posted by Motolab
I can not see in what country you live in…

Bateman is in The UK as far as i know. But your images, look more like scandinavia or Canada to me, not UK..

So look for a reputable BSA parts dealer in your home country and ask them for a fueltank…

I sell them but my company is in The Netherlands, that makes no sence regarding shipment costs if you are on the other side of the world…

Another “thing”. In europe, your goldenflash should have the round bage bigger tank in chrome, in the US and Canada the smaller two US gallon tank was in the catalog…. More like the one you bought from india yourself…

Have a throughout research first regarding what you need…. I have only knowledge of the European BSA catalogs..

IF you can not find a dealer in your country, i can help ( only) with the big European style chrome round badge (to be used with the original badge clips ) but as said, incl shipment, that is a expensive exercise if you are on the other side of the globe from me..TBH

I live in Saskatchewan Canada. I have found getting stuff delivered from China is usually quicker than getting deliveries from Quebec. Holland is not far away these days.
That said I'm ok now, but thanks for your reply. smile

Last edited by Pureblood; 09/19/22 10:54 am.

M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
thumbsup

If i can be of help later on, please say so

Cheers..

Ps. Netherlands 🇳🇱, Holland is only a tiny piece of the Netherlands, like Saskatchewan is from Canada

Harold / Motolab.nl
Moto Guzzi LeMans '79
H
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
H
i say black tank with silver https://i.imgur.com/5TDp9bQ.jpg

the opposite of this one. but thats nice too

Last edited by hacksaw; 09/21/22 4:42 am.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com