Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
Triumph 650/750 High-Output Alternator Kit
by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm
New FAQ post
Missing edit button
by wrench136 - 05/30/22 2:57 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 01/31/23 2:14 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 6:30 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
British Fasteners Specs
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 1:29 pm
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Morgan aka admin
Morgan aka admin
Sävedalen, Sweden
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 77
DavidP 74
Allan G 47
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 36
Newest Members
BSA A65 rebuild, Dan Haggard, Padsdad, sam keller, Raz
12,386 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,525
Posts783,977
Members12,386
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Great to hear, all the best John.

Call up the craftsmen
Bring me the draftsmen
Build me a path from cradle to grave
And I'll give my consent
To any government
That does not deny a man a living wage
Triumphs on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
This sounds way better.

DOPE
DOPE
excellent

i'm old enough to remember when patriotism meant not trying to overthrow the government.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Great news---keep plugging on, John---our thoughts and best wishes are totally supporting you.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Great news. Hang in there John.

Who are the Brain Police?

68 B44 Victor
60 MGA
56 Chevy

Bob M.
Life Member
Life Member
Mr Healy, we’re out here routing for you. I know this might sound empty but it’s the truth. If there is ANYTHING we can do to help with your recovery PLEASE just let us know……anything.

Gordon

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 07/11/22 10:58 am.

Gordon Gray in NC, USA........White man broke the code

1 member likes this: royaloilfield
Life member
Life member
Excellent news. We're all behind you John.

Ray

BSA 1969 A65F
BSA 1966 A65H
Triumph 1968 T120
Kawasaki A1R
& too many projects!
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Get well soon!

Triumph Bonneville T140v 1977
Triumph T120R 1971
Englishman in Japan
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Here's to hoping that John makes a full recovery.
John's knowledge and experience with these old bikes is off the scale, I've learned so much from his posts and articles and joined this site because of his presence here..
Sincerely wish to see John posting back here again one day.

1971 BSA B25T (built as replica of proposed 1972 B25T)
1971 BSA B50 Project
1972 BSA A65L
1974 Triumph T120V
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Here's wishing John all the best. When I had a transmission problem he sent me cases with cutouts so I could assemble my tranny and see what was binding. He asked for nothing. Thanks again John for all you do for us.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
That's much better news, all the best from over the pond in Stryla!!!

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Thanks ALL for your prayers. I have benefitted greatly from the support of my family and my many friends. I have complications from encephlets and prostrate problems. I had a green laser treatment on the prostrate glands
Skin on upper left leg so sensitive to touch that to slide a sheet over send the upper skin to burst into pain like you get with shingles. I am told it is 80 degree’s in room. Hospital bed broken. Left top rim of pelvis and lower back in dull pain. Seem to have loss some of my balance skills.

Have one or two bed positions that
I can sleep. Just get into one when nurses come into check my crotch for being wet
Probably get an hour of sleep a night. That is always broken up by another. Client in next room yelling for help from a nurse. He has been in a special wheel chair for 17 years.
Had a strange child hood that came about a nasty divorce. I got moved around from aunts an uncles on both side of Irish/Scottish family. I would go bed in Maine and be moved in the middle of the night as my father had discovered where
I was being held by my mother’s family.
Every thing has its bright side. Right now it is a little dark. They have a physical therapy department that has brought me back from some dire conditions both physical and emotionally. As you might expect my child hood left me a bit of emotional damage. My hero in the
PT department, Chris, is on vacation.
This experience has left me with a lot more respect for our Vets suffering from PTSD.
Job today to get some one to understand that the room might feel comfortable to them as they walk into room.It is a different story laying with the air conditioner blowing on your feet that extend over end of bed.
Working hard to find the real “John”. I didn’t find in breakfast
Reakfast was a deep fried doughnut filled with chopped chicken breast floating in gravy.
Stay safe, and thank you all for your prayers and kind remarks. The real John with all HIS faults comes out of this soon
Thank you

Last edited by John Healy; 07/25/22 9:06 pm.
25 members like this: btour, Big Al in York, kurt fischer, gunner, Mark Parker, franko, John Harvey, Noe, JubeePrince, Falcon_52, deadly, The Bonneville Shop, kommando, Robert William, leon bee
Well'ard Rocker
Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Wow. Just wow.

Great to hear from you, although the news is painful. But you're still with us and still fighting and we're still all behind you ....

Lannis

Patriotism is supporting your country all of the time and your government when it deserves it.
1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
Life Member
Life Member
Such good news Mr Healy.

Here’s hoping the situation gets better soon.

I had to re-read the breakfast description a couple of times. It got worst instead of better each time.

Same offer…….you need me to bring you some real food just ask.

Thankful you’re still here…Gordon

Gordon Gray in NC, USA........White man broke the code

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I quite like the sound of that donut breakfast!

Glad to hear things are going the right way.

Amateur Loctite enthusiast.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Good to hear from you,John.
Sounds as though you are in the middle of a big health battle.
My very best wishes to you as you fight this battle and, I have no doubt, come out victorious on the other side.
And in terms of the accommodation and food just remember the old English saying——
“Don’t let the buggers get you down”.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
You're fighting the good fight, John. But then, with all the other stuff you've been dealt, not the least of which are us dedicated motorcycle hack artists, you are no stranger to battles. Best to you and yours.

2 members like this: The Bonneville Shop, Gordon Gray
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by John Healy
Thanks ALL for your prayers. I have benefitted greatly from the support of my family and my many friends. I have complications from encephlets and prostrate problems. I had a green laser treatment on the prostrate glands
Skin on upper left leg so sensitive to touch that to slide a sheet over send the upper skin to burst into pain like you get with shingles. I am told it is 80 degree’s in room. Hospital bed broken. Left top rim of pelvis and lower back in dull pain. Seem to have loss some of my balance skills.

Have one or two bed positions that
I can sleep. Just get into one when nurses come into check my crotch for being wet
Probably get an hour of sleep a night. That is always broken up by another. Client in next room yelling for help from a nurse. He has been in a special wheel chair for 17 years.
Had a strange child hood that came about a nasty divorce. I got moved around from aunts an uncles on both side of Irish/Scottish family. I would go bed in Maine and be moved in the middle of the night as my father had discovered where
I was being held by my mother’s family.
Every thing has its bright side. Right now it is a little dark. They have a physical therapy department that has brought me back from some dire conditions both physical and emotionally. As you might expect my child hood left me a bit of emotional damage. My hero in the
PT department, Chris, is on vacation.
This experience has left me with a lot more respect for our Vets suffering from PTSD.
Job today to get some one to understand that the room might feel comfortable to them as they walk into room.It is a different story laying with the air conditioner blowing on your feet that extend over end of bed.
Working hard to find the real “John”. I didn’t find in breakfast
Reakfast was a deep fried doughnut filled with chopped chicken breast floating in gravy.
Stay safe, and thank you all for your prayers and kind remarks. The real John with all HIS faults comes out of this soon
Thank you

All that hasn’t killed you, even the Scotch/Irish bit, my wife, Colleen, is Scotch/Irish bless her heart so I am hoping you will come out the other side of all this stronger than you went in. If the food gets any worse I’m sure you’ll be running, screaming for the exit door soon 😆

1 member likes this: The Bonneville Shop
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
John
Great to read that you're on the mend. As detailed in my 1st reply in this thread, I'm coming through my own serious issue, with about a six month start in you. I had an appointment with my neuropsychologist today and after completing another cognitive assessment, she is very happy with my progress, so as I implied earlier, there is always hope, and it does shine through at times.

Last edited by jimmymckenna; 07/25/22 4:39 pm. Reason: spelling

2 members like this: The Bonneville Shop, henryanthony
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Great to hear from you John. Hope your recovery speeds up and you get to go home ASAP.
Rest assured that everything is running smoothly at Coventry Spares, Tom and the crew have been busy without you! All the orders I've called in have been taken care of right away. Great organization you built there!
Best wishes,
Bob Verhasselt

DOPE
DOPE
best wishes for a speedy get out of there, john

i'm old enough to remember when patriotism meant not trying to overthrow the government.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
That guy yelling for a nurse all night reminds me of one bout I had in a hospital after (what else?) a motorcycle accident.

The lady in another room was as mad about it as I was. When we discovered that the geezer yelled all night and slept all day, we took turns yelling into his room all day. and that night WE, and HE, finally slept.
The next day, his family came in, gave us dirty looks, and moved him to somewhere else.

VICTORY! HOW SWEET IT IS!

3 members like this: The Bonneville Shop, kommando, desco
Max Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Keep at it John. I can empathise with you re shingles, its a real SOB.
Prostate, mine is gone, not the same but I am alive and able to kick my Triumph over.
Wishing you well for a speedy recovery.
Rod Maxwell (Max)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
It is wonderful to see you communicating with us again John!
Pace yourself, get the timing right, as well as the breathing and good exhaust, and you’ll Triumph against adversity!
Much appreciated and loved around the world, you good fellow, you’ve got years of torment to look forward to on BBF yet!
Dave

3 members like this: The Bonneville Shop, Lorenzo, Tigernuts
50+ years experience
50+ years experience
John, thanks for updating us. Know we are all pulling for you in your recovery and wishing you and your family all the best. Keep up the good fight!
-Dave and the rest of the gang at TBS.

[Linked Image from thebonnevilleshop.com]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com