So lannis what is your vote???
Oh, toss ME under the bus, eh? Set ME up as The Bad Guy no matter which way we decide?
Keep in mind that we only have this question because we have ten fingers and thus use a decimal numbering system. If we used octal, then it wouldn't be 25 years but 31. If we used hexadecimal, it would only be 19 years, so it wouldn't be an issue. But since we DO use a decimal numbering system .....
1. Three people rode Britbikes across the mountains, although only two states were involved, we hadn't graduated to 3 yet. But whether it's the Two State Mountain ride, or the Three State Mountain Ride, it's still the TSMR, so there's that.
2. We were there because of our involvement in Britbikes via the "BSA Pitstop".
3. Morgan was there via phone, although nobody carried phones back then as I remember, it was tied to the wall with a wire.
4. A curious friend showed up to add to the group.
5. Even at that meeting, I was still riding on the factory K70s from 1969 and taking my life in my hands, so no, those weren't new tires.
It wasn't in Blowing Rock, but then again it's not in Blowing Rock NOW, and we still count the gatherings, so the location doesn't really matter.
So by the power vested in
foisted upon me by the two posts above, I vote that we had 5 people (including a remote Morgan) at the first TSMR in 1999, seven at the second one in 2000, all the way up to 2022 which was the 24th one, and that next year 2023 will be the Silver Anniversary of TSMRs, in token of which special guests will be welcomed from England to help celebrate. So let it be written; so let it be done ....