Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Photos on private message
by Mal Marsden - 06/16/22 7:00 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
twinspin
twinspin
Reading UK
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
reverb 69
kevin 52
Allan G 50
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 29
Newest Members
Ian Scotland UK, cherbini, grahamsmythe, Joe Santelik, Lord Hepcat
12,156 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (TinkererToo, L.A.B., gavin eisler, rocketgoldie), 27 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,286
Posts772,333
Members12,156
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Great photos from everybody. Thanks for posting. Can't recall a time with me not taking very many pix, but I was there to enjoy the company and the riding.
Any and every combination of folks we've ever gathered with from this forum site is always just wonderful. I definitely feel blessed to know all of you.
Look forward to seeing everyone again sometime soon. Although I don't anticipate making it to the TSMR this year... ya just never know.

Thanks again to Gordon for putting it all together and to everyone else for just being yourselves.

Lesya Ukrainka:
“He who has not lived through a storm/does not know the price of strength.”

2 members like this: Semper Gumby, Gordon Gray
British motorcycles on eBay
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
I want to thank everyone who went to the time, expense and trouble to come join us at the beach. I've said it more than once, you can plan all you want but if no one shows up........it's not much of an event. YOU being there makes it all worthwhile.

I learned a few things.

1. You're taking a chance going to the beach that early in the year. We missed the crowds but got lucky with the weather....it could have been a
lot worst.

2. ALWAYS have slaw when you have BBQ.......and it helps to have some BBQ sauce. (shame on Moore's for not supplying the sauce and me for
not catching it)

3. NEVER underestimate the power of Ms Laurie's hors d'oeuvres.........and order food accordingly. The woman is a master at her craft.

4. A man can never carry enough zip ties

5. SIDEWALLS on ALL canopies. Worst case is you don't need them.....but have them just in case.

We filled the motel, no empty rooms......but I would have loved to have more of you there.

I think I'm done with Hosting..( I "might" have said that before) .........I'm going to "try" my best to support the events like Windy's TSMR and Mike G's OSMR. It's been a good long run and I have no regrets but I think it's time to step back. I'm looking forward to what richrd might bring to the table......keep an eye out for details and consider joining in next time.

We had a GREAT group and overall I think everyone had a good time. I am surely blessed to be able to consider each and every one of you a friend.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN for a GREAT weekend.

YHH in NC, Gordon

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 04/03/22 12:31 pm.

Gordon Gray in NC, USA........my son says.... "Everybody is stupid about something"
1 member likes this: ricochetrider
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
THANK ALL OF YOU for the GREAT photos.......they really captured the weekend. ALL the photos.......as seen through different lenses.

[Linked Image]

Ms Laurie caught this one through the chase van's windshield, a converted church van....the Ton Up fellows (can't call them boys anymore) have the neatest vehicles, they even brought a full sized FIRE TRUCK to the Mid-Ohio campground one year....what a hoot. This photo (L-R) has Bill (aka No Name Man) waiting on his A10 to pick up fuel again. (this was the second and last time we stopped for it) That's Jim and Jay (chase crew) looking it over and me thinking......... "Just ONE more zip tie oughta do it"

When in reality my bike's NGK plug was like this...... laughing

[Linked Image]

What a GREAT bunch of folks to hang around.

Thinking about joining in????? You ARE always welcome......Windy's TSMR is just around the corner.

A grateful Gordon in NC

Great job to the camera person who captured the EXTREMELY dim view of low-quality motorcycle parts (and so many other things) we are faced with. This weekend it was (only) a new schock absorber and battery. mad

In case some of you were unaware, there are COUNTERFEIT NGK spark plugs out there. Beware of TOO LOW a price & use a TRUSTED source.
beerchug

1974 Norton Commando 850
1975 Yamaha DT400B
1984 Yamaha RZ350
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
2014 Triumph Rocket III
2021 Yamaha Tenere' 700
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Bob wrote "In case some of you were unaware, there are COUNTERFEIT NGK spark plugs out there. Beware of TOO LOW a price & use a TRUSTED source."

I had no clue. I've only had one other go bad but it was during a ISDT reunion AHRMA event that cost me a finish. Plug looked fine and would spark out of the cylinder......but when I finally got it replaced and took a close look, the porcelain was cracked just below the electrode.

Couldn't see the forest for the trees........told myself last time "always swap plug......after checking for loose wires". Didn't follow my own advice.

SO..........how can you tell if it's counterfeit? I didn't buy this one, it came with the bike and best I can tell did over a 1000 miles before it failed.

Gordon........who still has a BUNCH of NGK plugs in the shop and has relied on them for years.

PS.......just re-read your post. I didn't follow the shock swap closely enough......was something wrong with one of them?

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 04/03/22 12:56 pm.

Gordon Gray in NC, USA........my son says.... "Everybody is stupid about something"
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
OK so I did actually take a few pix with my phone, and this morning found the time to create a Zenfolio gallery. Note that while phone cameras have gotten better, a phone is never a match for an actual camera. That being said, it’s still an easy way to capture the essence of a thing. AND photographic “art” is sometimes possible- although not necessarily by me.

But the biggest “reveal” -by far- with the phone camera is how easily sidetracked and entertained we humans are today! laughing I mean honestly it really doesn’t take much.

Turns out I’m no exception to this rule- as seen here- so (carnival hawker voice: on) travel with me now to places hitherto unknowable- brave the murky recesses of my pea brain; travel the world thru my hinky, wandering eye!

or something like that.

beerchug

Gallery Page

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lesya Ukrainka:

4 members like this: Semper Gumby, Howard Inough, BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray
Life member
Life member
[quote=ricochetrider]OK .......... so (carnival hawker voice: on) travel with me now to places hitherto unknowable- brave the murky recesses of my pea brain; travel the world thru my hinky, wandering eye! .

beerchug

/quote]

Not seen Kilroy for many Years Tom, often wondererd what became of him

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination, It's the glory of the ride (Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

2 members like this: ricochetrider, Howard Inough
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member

1974 Norton Commando 850
1975 Yamaha DT400B
1984 Yamaha RZ350
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
2014 Triumph Rocket III
2021 Yamaha Tenere' 700
1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Tom and Wade do make me look bad as a photographer. I have the mechanical skill and understanding to work the cameras for the results I want, but I just don't have the artistic "eye" that those two do. Maybe they can teach me?

Rich
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
a ducati
Another couple triumphs
and no Honda?
but another triumph
1 member likes this: Howard Inough
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Not you can be taught much of anything LOL

windy
72 combat
if it aint broke fix it till it is
switchbackcreek.com
1 member likes this: Howard Inough
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
The Rocket's original Shocks were pillowy soft, and softly sprung as well. At "spirited" speeds, the wallowing was significant, as well as two up riding. The aftermarket doesn't support our Brit bikes as well as the MoCo (if it was a FLHXRWDGBBTRDSE Special Limited Ultra Screaming Turkey Astro-Glide, there would be dozens of choices) so, after LOTS of suspension shopping, (Race-Tech, Progressive, Wilbers Nivomat LDC, Fox, Ohlins) I ended up with Fournales Air Springs shipped in from France. So far, they feel AMAZING. Ongoing field testing will follow.

http://fournales-pacific.com.au/fournales.html

1974 Norton Commando 850
1975 Yamaha DT400B
1984 Yamaha RZ350
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
2014 Triumph Rocket III
2021 Yamaha Tenere' 700
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
[quote=Howard Inough][quote=Gordon Gray]THANK ALL OF YOU for the GREAT photos.......they really captured the weekend. ALL the photos.......as seen through different lenses.

[Linked Image]

Angel...strangers in the house....

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
lol Never saw that video before ...

Richrd ... You have some great photos of people.... I tend to shot less people and more landscape and bikes ... And I alway regret not taking more people shots when its over.... I guess I shoot people for work and dont want to feel like I am working,.. I need to get over that before its too late... But if I think of any tips that might be beneficial I'll let you know ... Tom has a natural eye with no training where I have a degree and 30 years of on the job experience so you cant really compare your self to that .... What I am grateful of is that you are out there taking photos ... You captured many thing I didnt even see going on and that is really something special on its own.... Right place at the right time and taking lots of pictures is the number one way to guarantee you get a few great shots.... Then experience will eventually tell you instinctively what works and what doesnt , so you eventually take less bad shots.... I learned composition from studying the masters like Henri Cartier Bresson and Edward Weston and Richard Avedon plus many others.... Then there are rules in composition ... Like the rule of thirds, plus other rules.... Then once you learn the rules then you learn how to break the rules.... Sounds complicated but its not really ... Just shoot a lot and it helps to have other artistic folks critique your images.... I miss the days when I was in art school and we would all sit around and talk about ideas and tell each other how we could do better.... In constructive ways....

What you bring to the table in our situation is invaluable !! We aren't looking for art . You capture the moment as we are all relaxed and having fun and enjoying each others conversations , sharing food and drink and riding motorcycles ... We can relive those moments through your pictures.... Thank You !!!

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
6 members like this: David in Atlanta, Howard Inough, Gordon Gray, Semper Gumby, ricochetrider, BeezaBryan
Life member
Life member
Very well observed and even better said Wade

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination, It's the glory of the ride (Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

3 members like this: Howard Inough, Gordon Gray, ricochetrider
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
I agree with Wade- Richard, your photos always make me feel like I’ve missed so much! Your “people” shots are awesome! I wouldn’t say that anyones photos are better than anyone else’s- it’s just the “eye of the beholder” kind of thing. To me, the beauty and the joy of shooting with friends, is discovering whatever it was that each of us “sees” through our cameras. If we all shot everything the same, how boring would that be!

At the end of the day tho, nobody can ever say we didn’t come away without fully documenting whatever it is we do. For better or worse! laughing

Lesya Ukrainka:

Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
I'm just thankful you guys take photos.......makes my job easier. thumbsup clap thumbsup

I wish we could have taken a group photo......had a chance at lunch but blew it. Would have been better back at the motel where we had everyone together......but the weather made that a bit difficult.

The other photo I wish we could have taken was the view from my position at the back of the ride. Leaving Fort Macon and crossing over the bridge taking us off the island.........that was pretty epic IMO. I had a BIG smile on my face... smile ....until I crested the top and that darn perch screw broke.......down hill (literally) after that. laughing

It's not about the ride but the ride is still a lot of fun. beerchug

Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 04/06/22 10:18 pm.

2 members like this: ricochetrider, BeezaBryan
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Group photo!! Next time Gordon.... That means there has to be a next time wink

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Can you say 3 state ride?

windy
72 combat
switchbackcreek.com
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Windy, your wife said to tell you to get back to work on the house!

Rich
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
a ducati
Another couple triumphs
and no Honda?
but another triumph
Richrd #877070 04/08/22 2:53 pm
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Would be kinda hard to do. We drove 950 miles yesterday to Kansas for a visit.

windy
72 combat
switchbackcreek.com
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Hi kids.

Got my scans in from the one roll of film I shot at the Beach Run gathering...
Here's a teaser pic

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

and a LINK to the other 11 photos from this singleroll of mediumformat film. Kodak Prtra 400, BTW, shot in my Hasselblad 500cm- for anyone who cares.

Cheers, everyone. Happy Easter weekend.
Tom

Last edited by ricochetrider; 04/16/22 6:55 pm.

Lesya Ukrainka:

4 members like this: Vincent Esposito, PINEMONKEY, BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com