Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
July 4th Sale at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 07/01/22 6:26 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Les P
Les P
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 65
kevin 60
DavidP 59
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Lannis 23
MikeG 20
Newest Members
MartyH, Steve Sewell UK, BrokenLeg, Jeff Keller, Steveland
12,212 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (kevin), 9 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,552
Posts776,406
Members12,212
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
E
A few years ago, by the time we all toddled out of Liquid Hero, the wait at the Texas Roadhouse next to the hotel was too long and we ate at a Red Robin (Not my favorite). The steakhouse we ate at the last time did not get universal approval and seems to be out of business. There is a Longhorn a short distance away from the hotel. Neither Texas Roadhouse nor Longhorn take reservations. My suggestion is that we toddle out of Liquid Hero earlier (perhaps with some purchases), and try to get to Roadhouse or Longhorn by 5ish. We can then re-convene afterwards at the hotel. I would rather avoid driving at night in a strange town after indulging (I must be getting old!).

Ed from NJ

1 member likes this: Howard Inough
British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I have friends staying at the house Saturday night for the show.... You guys met one of them last event at the White Rose too... Depending on what time they get there, I'll be up for Liquid Hero ... Maybe not dinner though.. We will see.

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
I'm up for Liquid hero after I set up the booth. Going to the AHRMA banquet Sat nite.

2 members like this: Howard Inough, ricochetrider
R
Rich B Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
R
Well, looks like I am out for this weekend. I got my dates screwed up and made plans to help my dad (who is a mere 90 years young) do some repairs at his house this weekend.

Enjoy

Never underestimate the human ability to elevate stupid to a whole new level!.
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Rich B
Well, looks like I am out for this weekend. I got my dates screwed up and made plans to help my dad (who is a mere 90 years young) do some repairs at his house this weekend.

Enjoy

Sorry to hear that, you've been to all of these I've ever been to.

We gave Fay's 96 year old aunt a ride to the the doctor yesterday, about a 150 mile round trip. Amazing what folks that age have seen and done, and a pleasure to do things for them.

Lannis

I used mind control on a person at an auction.
They now do my bidding.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Rollin...

1974 Norton Commando 850
1975 Yamaha DT400B
1984 Yamaha RZ350
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
2014 Triumph Rocket III
2021 Yamaha Tenere' 700
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Rolled in a couple hours ago, set up, already sold some stuff to other vendors, the Kubena clan is selling OVBSAOC raffle tickets on a beautiful original B50, looks like it'll be a good swap meet...

Lannis

They now do my bidding.
1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
Born To Run
Born To Run
Hey guys -

Not gonna make it, dammit. Too much going on at the homestead. I'll see y'all in March in NC....

Cheers,

Steve

'77 T140J Silver Jubilee
'82 T140LE TMA Royal
‘69 BSA Rocket 3 (patiently awaiting it's turn)
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I hate that I missed it, just not in the cards this year.
I honestly cannot specifically recall the last great swap meet I went to? Must've been Barber 6 years ago? Dunno...
Anyway, I can't wait to see some pictures!
Anyone score treasures?

Absonotly.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I tried to sell some treasures cheap but no takers...

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Hoping a good time was had by all ... I did!

Sold enough bits to pay my expenses for the trip, so it was like a "free" weekend. I used the Dodge pickup this time because the chances were better than even that I'd be converting my pocket full of money into something that would require using the ramp and straps to haul something home ... It's a great Interstate cruiser, the old 318 idling along at 2000 RPM at 75 MPH in overdrive, but even on the highway it burned 37 gallons of gas for the 600 mile trip, at at Pennsylvania gas prices that's no small expense.

Partnered with bustednukel on a vendor space; that worked out well, we could watch for each other's stuff (and sell it) while the other was out shopping.

It's an interesting place. We were next to a guy who had a bunch of bike stuff, and a Marantz receiver/amplifier from the 70s under a pile of stuff on his table. For every 1 person who asked about the bike stuff at his space or ours, 20 people asked what he'd take for the Marantz. People were lined up to ask about it. He was asking $350 for it, which was apparently above market value because he took it home with him at the end of the show despite hundreds of audiophiles with money in their pocket prepared to unbelt for it.

Very little British or Harley stuff. I suspect that people would love to see more Harley stuff there, because lots of people were asking about and buying the Harley bits that bustednukel had. Lots more European dirt bikes than you see at VMD, and more complete bikes .. VMD tends to be piles of frames, projects, and plastic; there are a lot more complete and running bikes here.

Didn't buy a bike, despite being tempted by two Yamaha CT-3s, a Penton Jackpiner, and a Bultaco Alpina, all running and reasonably priced. I know what I'm going to buy now, though.

It was good to see all of our crew there, even though we didn't spend a lot of time together since there was no campfire .... York is, as always, overpowered - two hour wait times at every restaurant, SRO in the pub. Looks like all the factories and plants are running overtime, very little "rust belt" vibe there.

Action was winding down fast by 1:30 on Sunday, so packed up and headed out, got a pizza at "Rocco's" in East Berlin, and then home. That last hour and a half home seemed to take forever!

Lannis

York.jpg

They now do my bidding.
2 members like this: Howard Inough, PINEMONKEY
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by MikeG
I tried to sell some treasures cheap but no takers...

I sold as much stuff on Saturday to other vendors as I did Sunday.

Several knowledgeable BSA guys (Terry Parker, Kerry Kubena) looked at your dual-port A10 head and said they'd never seen one under $500, and you were asking half that. Both of them are "winding down" out of the business, though, and declined even though I encouraged an offer!

You have to find the right guy for some stuff. I had a brand new GIVI windshield for an MT-09 Yamaha that's $189 from GIVI, and I was asking $20, still in the original bubble wrap and labels. Problem is, ONLY a guy with an MT-09 Yamaha is going to interested at even 99 cents, and he has to be looking ...

Still, it's worth dropping a line in the water and see who might like to bite! It's half the fun ....

Lannis

They now do my bidding.
2 members like this: Gordon Gray, PINEMONKEY
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
It was GREAT to see everyone, meet some new people, break bread.
I found the object of my affection..... a new to me expansion chamber for the DT400! Even unlabeled, and eyeballing DOZENS, no a HUNDRED pipes, I spotted it, and confirmed with the owner. A nice guy that clearly was not alive when that bike was in it's heyday, but knew bikes WELL! There is hope...

Last edited by Howard Inough; 01/24/22 6:50 pm.

1974 Norton Commando 850
1975 Yamaha DT400B
1984 Yamaha RZ350
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
2014 Triumph Rocket III
2021 Yamaha Tenere' 700
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Lannis and I both thought this Lightning was stunning! I talked to the owner as the show closed; helped him get it off the elevated stand. He said it was a complete rust bucket when he started restoration.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

2 members like this: royaloilfield, Howard Inough
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Bustednukel
Lannis and I both thought this Lightning was stunning! I talked to the owner as the show closed; helped him get it off the elevated stand. He said it was a complete rust bucket when he started restoration.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I don't see how people have the skills and especially the patience to do this sort of thing, OR the nerve to take it outside once they get done....

They now do my bidding.
P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
I had a booth too. Met some of the guys for the first time at the Liquid Hero. Nice to chat with everyone and see faces. I did very well at the swap meet. Sold $500 worth on Saturday to other vendors!! First sale was before I even got inside- I'm wheeling in Husky wheels and someone bought them on the spot. I had Triumph odds and ends, a Harley Sportster seat, peanut gas tank, (came on my Velocette), books, flotsam and jetsam- a mix of dirt and street. Cleared $1200 cleaning out my garage. Flabbergasted.

The last sale of the day was to a guy I saw in the parking lot while I was loading up to go home. He had a small Villiers engined red Brit bike with a skeleton seat. I knocked on the window and said I had a new Wassel seat for his bike. Sold!

Picked up a '68 Triumph twin leading shoe brake hub for a wheel I bought for a project and a set of 13 1/2" Ohlins for the same. Very good weekend!
The ride home was brutal-took an extra two hours to fight through the snow and mountains going north.

3 members like this: PINEMONKEY, royaloilfield, Howard Inough
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I sold nothing and bought nothing, but it was a nice mid-winter break. Glad to have met up with Brit Bike friends both old and new. Maybe next year I'll load up all the A10 and Norton stuff I don't care to hang on to anymore and try again.

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Good times! Nice to see everyone, and nice to meet Pete Suchawreck, too.

EDIT: Had an unexpected call from Bill E on Friday night so with Miss C's "blessing", I bumped out to have a beer & a burger with him while waiting for Wade & Gerry to make it down to PA from NYC. Great hanging out as always Bill. Nice to have a bit of quiet time before the deluge. Maybe it was a good thing the bar closed early- I was feeling like I'd had a wee bit more than "plenty" by the time I got home!

The swap meet is a fantastic break from the winter cabin fever vibe and all my friends from everywhere -and every group, BMW, Brit, vintage dirt, 1% etc- come out so its a big social gathering for my part- which is good as I am neither buying nor selling anything. The one variable this year that threw a bit of a proverbial stick in the spokes, was my having an afternoon gig in Hershey- it added a small amount of pressure to hang out, grab lunch then bolt to the gig.
Hugh Mackie of Sixth Street Specials came down and was around all weekend then as an added bonus on the way out I bumped into Fumi, who works for Hugh. He was day tripping down from NYC, just for the afternoon!

Whee.

PS I did shoot a small amount of black and white film- maybe half a roll, and took a handful of phone pix... so at some point could have some images to share

Lesya Ukrainka:
“He who has not lived through a storm/does not know the price of strength.”

3 members like this: PINEMONKEY, royaloilfield, Howard Inough
R
Rich B Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
R
While I hated missing York this year, it was likely for the best. I got my weekends screwed up and committed to helping my dad (a mere 90 years young) on Saturday. I woke up to no heat Saturday morning, which was awesome...NOT! But got that sorted out and spent the day with dad.

Sunday we got snow so I got to spend quality time with handlebars and hand controls. Not on a motorcycle but connected to a snow blower. I would have had to do that little chore when I got home from York. Instead, I did it with some day light.

Sorry I missed it.

Never underestimate the human ability to elevate stupid to a whole new level!.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I hosted Hugh from 6th Street Specials and his new family Saturday, so I couldn't break away for drinks in York on Saturday... Then Sunday morning I made a big breakfast which made me a bit later then I wanted to be getting to the swap meet... I was surprised how many of you left before I got there at 10:30 AM... Sorry I missed some of you both days... Always next event I guess. But I did hang out with Bill Friday night and Saturday... That was nice... Picked up some small bits from Lannis and also got a Champion Spark plug box for the garage... Was hoping for something BSA but I still had a good time... Then lunch was good at the White Rose and was even lucky enough to catch Mike and Bob eating there before their long drive home

Need to find out what these spark plugs are for... Maybe I can get some of my money back shocked

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com