Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
5% Off Everything for Brit Bike Users
by The Bonneville Shop - 12/30/21 4:54 pm
New FAQ post
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Peter R
Peter R
Netherlands
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Cyborg 61
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 24
NickL 22
Newest Members
Willybuilt, Andyozz, BCDEREK, Flatspot, Larry Nelson
11,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Tribsauk, henryanthony), 25 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics75,277
Posts758,287
Members11,984
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Denis J Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
I was just shopping online looking for a compound gauge that has both oil temp and pressure. Trying to avoid 4 total gauges. Hoping the final outcome of my project will be 1 tach with speed readout and 1 oil pressure/temperature gauge

The only one so far that has popped up on an internet search is a 2" gauge made by race tech.

Anyone tried this and if so where di you get the bits to make it happen? I am open to any suggestions

The bike is a T120.

Thanks!!

Full time classic motorcycle mechanic and enthusiast to a fault
British motorcycles on eBay
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Something similar that I was working on except this is for voltage and oil pressure.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
The dial is 1-5/8" to fit in the headlamp shell in place of the ampere meter. The pressure sensor is about the size of the switch. There are ten LEDs around the edge, red, yellow, the rest green. The three digits in the middle show voltage.
The problem that I had was the same as with the multi-colour oil pressure light to replace the switch light, too many people had different ideas on when each colour, or, in this case, what pressure, each LED indicated. The measurement of the voltage comes from comparing the power wires.to an internal reference.
I use micro USB cable for the pressure sensor because they are cheap, small and I do not have to make them up.
Oil temperature measurement usually comes from a Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) sensor. The question is where to put it. You could use a tee on and oil line but NTCs with two wires are usually fairly large compared to the single wire type and it flapping in the breeze will likely break the wires eventually. But with the single wire you need the other (threaded) side grounded. Unless it is an OIF the tank is typically mounted on rubber buffers which isolate it from the frame. An OIF has the problem with the centre stand hitting anything in the bottom plate.

Moderated by  Allan G 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com