Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
maylar
maylar
Connecticut
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 68
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
NickL 30
quinten 28
Newest Members
FERRARTIS GROUP LD, Okp, Stevie B, EmmBeeDee, dresda
12,125 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (konon, Stein Roger, Neil1964, BeezaBryan, Hillbilly bike, Dave Comeau, JDH), 23 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,065
Posts769,652
Members12,125
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#862570 11/06/21 11:18 pm
R
RicLand Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
R
I want to fit an electric start to my 1960 Gold Star. Britisher Phil Pearson, whose crankshaft and clutch conversion [Suzuki originally], I have on my machine, used to manufacture and sell such kits. They were considered very good and quite desirable by those too old, weak, inept, lazy--fill in your own adjective--to kick start the big 500 Goldies. Additionally, as can be seen in the "Torn Achilles" thread of a couple of weeks ago on this forum, the risk of severe foot or ankle injury caused by a backfire while kickstarting the machine is all too real. I can and do start mine without much drama but it would be much more convenient and reassuring to do it with a button instead of a kick lever. All that said, I have not gotten any response from Mr. Pearson to my inquiry regarding the availability of his e- kit. I've been told that he has retired and yet his handsome website remains featuring the products he's famous for. Does anyone here have any information in this regard? Alternately, is there another source for electric starter kits for the Gold Star? Are there any members here who have a Pearson electric kit starter on their machine?
Any and all information on this subject will be greatly appreciated by this old and lazy Gold Star owner.
Ric

BSA Goldstar on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
It is Phil Pearson Junior who produces the E-starter for the Goldies, as I understand , Phil sr. is in the proces of retiring.
I have fitted one of his starters on my bike earlier this year and I have to say it works perfect so far.
You have to send your inner primary chancase to him for modification.
Here's a link to his website : https://www.bsagoldstar.bike/
I contacted Phil Jr. on the phone several times for questions/inquiries, and found him very helpfull.

Last edited by Peter R; 11/07/21 2:56 pm.

1974 Commando 850
1972 Trident T150T
1961 Goldie DBD34
1969 Benelli 250 sport special
F
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
F
Yes Phil Junior is the one to contact. I believe he will send a jig / guide for overseas d.i.y. installs.

Re websites, I don't know for certain but I suspect that obsolete sites can hang around online. I've certainly found a few, to the extent that I will check if it's up to date, particularly if I'm thinking of buying something. (that is when the site displays it, not all do.)
Normally I think you pay a fee to have it hosted on a server? I guess at some point they get deleted or stop working fully.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
For old websites lost on the internet then go to the Wayback.com which has an archive.

1 member likes this: Hugh Jörgen

Moderated by  Rich B 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com