Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

BLACK FRIDAY MEMBERSHIP OFFER 2021

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership Life Membership

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

New Sponsor post
The BLACK FRIDAY SALE is here!
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/23/21 5:29 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
TR6Ray
TR6Ray
Illinois, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 74
NickL 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Gus_Carrero, mogmike, Julian1966, BSACliff, Bezza Frank
11,920 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (Doug P, Chris Johnson, NickL, KC in S.B., quinten, reverb), 19 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#863630 11/20/21 6:14 pm
A
Alexp Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
This seems to be much discussed. What the hell were BSA thinking putting the last 2 head bolts in that ridiculously cramped section, between the head and the barrel? Both of mine were seized on tight. I managed to get one out with a 9/16ths ring spanner, but it just wont fit over the last one (its honestly off by a hair). Add to that, whoever had it last, had tried the wrong spanner on it, which of course rounded it off. I may have to go the old hammer and chisel route, but thought I would get opinions on here first. I have tried my thin 9/16ths spanner, but its not doing well with the rounded edges. Any help would be appreciated! I currently have liquid wrench sprayed onto it, then letting it dry completely before having another go.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

BSA on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Don't know if it can help you in your current situation, but for rounded-off nut and bolt heads I use Metrinch tools, which grasp on the flats, not on the corners. I'm sure that there are a number of this type wrenches available, I've owned my Metrinches for 25 years at least... if you can get your hands on the right sized wrench of this design it may do the trick.

1 member likes this: Alexp
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Metricinch or 6 start spanner, 14mm spanner is an option and cheap enough to destroy if it gets the job done.

1 member likes this: Alexp
A
Alexp Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
Kommando, you're amazing! It worked like a charm. Now onto the next thread.. incoming in probably a day or two haha!

Thanks so much again! Three days of strife solved in 45 seconds.

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com