Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

BLACK FRIDAY MEMBERSHIP OFFER 2021

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership Life Membership

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

New Sponsor post
The BLACK FRIDAY SALE is here!
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/23/21 5:29 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
umjwh
umjwh
Lowell, Ind
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 76
Rohan 74
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Gus_Carrero, mogmike, Julian1966, BSACliff, Bezza Frank
11,920 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Magnetoman, Alex g), 16 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Adam M. Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
Trying to fit my 3 wires of a new 3 phase stator I bought for my bitsa I realized it does not fit original studs - stator holes for them are simply too small. Not a lot, but I would have to use force to install it. Did anybody had this problem? I wonder if its possible to drill these holes at all? Or perhaps somebody has an idea ho. w to enlarge them without drilling? Honing them with a hone used for valve guides?

Another problem is my very nice unmolested clutch basket. Very many of it's teeth lost their tops, it looks like somebody used it without a shim under engine sprocket and outer row of teeth shows it. However what caused many teeth to loose their tops I have no idea. Is it safe to use such a basket, what do you think?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

20211117_112255.jpg
BSA on eBay
G
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
G
Hi Adam, I recall my new stator being PFT to go over the studs, a quick waz with a split dowel and 100 grit paper in a pistol drill should help clean up the holes, it is meant to be tight, it definitely shouldnt be loose, there are EMFs acting on it.. I wouldnt use the clutch basket in the pics, maybe if it was one or two damaged teeth, i count at least 30 in the pic. it looks like it ate something that disagreed with it.

71 Devimead, John Hill, John Holmes A65 750
56 Norbsa 68 Longstroke A65
Cagiva Raptor 650
MZ TS 250
The poster formerly known as Pod
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Tops of the teeth ripped off is likely from running a loose stretched chain.

1 member likes this: Allan G
M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
One time when I opened up my primary chaincase, I found this:
These were the tips from every tooth on my chainwheel. The cause? My primary chain was so stretched, and the adjuster set so high, that the chain no longer meshed with the teeth on the chainwheel, and so proceeded to shear the tips off the teeth.

Mark Z

'65(lower)/'66(upper, wheels, front end, controls)/'67(seat, exhaust, fuel tank, headlamp)/'70(frame) A65 Bitsa.

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com