Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 80
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
3 members (76degree-triumph, quinten, MaaseyRacer), 25 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#860320 10/08/21 3:32 pm
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Because some of you don't check the "Events" forum........

BEACH RUN 2022

Where?

Waterway Inn
160 Cedar Point Blvd
Swansboro, NC 28584

When?

Weekend of March 25-27, 2022

Group dinners Friday and Saturday Night. Guided (Mr Mike) ride Saturday with lunch stop ( approx 140 miles) Breakfast place 1/2 mile from motel. Seafood Restaurant just down the road.

We will have the entire motel to ourselves so we can spread out. You WILL NOT need to contact the motel for reservations.......we already have all the rooms reserved. IF your interested just contact me on this thread, PM or email at [email protected] and I'll put you on the list.

I understand it's a long way off ( sort of) but if your interested let me know. The motel has 16 rooms, 6 of those are doubles. Mike says an over flow motel is just down the road but I don't think we'll need it. I'm guessing 15 riders, some w/family maybe 20 total?

The reservations will be fluid.......and I'll keep you posted as to what's still available. Things will change as folks end up having conflicts and canceling.

Consider joining us.......EVERYONE IS WELCOME, come enjoy some riding and tire kicking.......not to mention some fresh seafood.

Gordon in NC

Details on the Events forum

waterway-inn.jpg
Last edited by Gordon Gray; 10/09/21 12:08 pm.

Gordon Gray in NC, USA.........my son says..... "Everybody is stupid about something"
1 member likes this: ricochetrider
British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Now that sounds like fun !!!! Count me in and lets hope there are no conflicts... Work is usually the culprit....

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Update with room rates. We’re in the $50 for a single and $75 for a double range.

Right at half price for that time of year which is still the off season.

Please consider joining us at the Beach in March.

Details on the Events Forum.

Gordon

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 10/12/21 4:30 pm.

Gordon Gray in NC, USA.........my son says..... "Everybody is stupid about something"
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I'm looking forward to a "pretty good" chance I'll be there, maybe even on a L-O-N-G motorcycle ride.

I'm not having very good luck on me belated Father's Day fishing trip - a forecasted 20% chance of rain is on the increase every time I look (Thursday-Sunday on the Texas coast)

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Awesome !!!

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Life member
Life member
I don't know how much help it'll be but as far as I know right now I will make it.

69 A65T
71 B50T
85 K100RS
54/59 A10SR
69 B44VS
71 A65FS
95 Trident
Too much moderation is bad for you.

Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Originally Posted by No Name Man
I don't know how much help it'll be but as far as I know right now I will make it.

More help than you'll ever know.

I'm just going through a "spell" right now.......I don't want to say Drama Queen......that'd give Willie to much ammo. laughing

I'll snap out of it.

The motel seems really nice. I can tell you the folks I've worked with were great. Weather you can never do anything about. It could be absolutely beautiful. Temps are pretty close to Blowing Rock in May. Beach traffic should be light. Mr Mike found us a breakfast place close ( he really does know us) we're bouncing back and forth on places for Friday and Saturday's evening meals.

I can't say I've spent enough time in that area to know what's it like. I grew up 7 miles from the Gulf in Northern Florida.......the Atlantic is a bit different.......but beach/fishing areas I've been to all share the same atmosphere. Living in the foothills I'm looking forward to some seafood, the stuff you get up here isn't seafood....it's bait.

See ya in March my friend..........Gordon

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 10/14/21 11:37 pm.

O
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
O
I'd be there, but the lovely State Farm insurance hasnt made any attempt to make good on their red light running driver.

That, and as well, there may be another issue with my attendance, so y'alll POST UP SOME PIX DAMMIT!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
I'd be there, but the lovely State Farm insurance hasnt made any attempt to make good on their red light running driver.

That, and as well, there may be another issue with my attendance, so y'alll POST UP SOME PIX DAMMIT!

I'm trying to figure out which way to go with this...........knowing you, I figure you'd not like the "poor ole me" thing. ( I've heard you say it)

In my book you're a good man Robert. You've always given more than you asked for. I remember the little girl you and your club were helping. Then there's Anna. Doesn't matter what you gathered over the years.........when it comes down to it, it's the lives you've touched. We're all just waiting our turn.

You'll be with us one way or the other........and we'll share photos.

Take care my friend.........Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 10/16/21 2:28 pm.

1 member likes this: BeezaBryan
D
DPO Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Too far for this old man….

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back, you've highsided!"
2016 Triumph Bonneville America LT
1968 BSA Firebird “Scrambler”
1982 Triumph T-140 “Electro”
DPO #861854 10/28/21 11:01 am
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Originally Posted by DPO

A fellow tries to put on a flip flop friendly event and this is the support he gets.

Gordon

Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by DPO

A fellow tries to put on a flip flop friendly event and this is the support he gets.

Gordon

When I first started this I was in a bit of a panic and desperate to find out if there was enough interest to rent the entire motel for the weekend. I’ve been to several of these types of get togethers and felt that it would help if we didn’t have to deal with tourists who might not like old leaky motorcycles. I also like the idea of having everyone staying at the same place. So I was beating the bushes for some feedback.

Well, we’re past that now. The motel is all ours for the weekend…….bill’s been paid and that money has already been replaced. So…as far as I’m concerned the pressure is off and I’ll not beat anybody up about attending. If I can’t fill the motel…..so be it. ( the posted rates will not change) The folks that have committed will just have more room to spread out.

Everyone is welcome. We’ll eat, drink, ride and swap tales ( maybe not it that order) should be a good time.

Gordon in NC, USA

PS, you can’t tell from the posted photo of the motel but they have PLENTY of extra space for vehicles with trailers.

Also…..this is a FAMILY oriented event with several attendees planning on bringing their spouse.

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 10/28/21 1:44 pm.

2 members like this: Tommy Thomas, PINEMONKEY
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Just bringing this back to the top for those who don’t check the events forum.

Still have rooms available. Contact me via PM if interested.

Gordon

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com