Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership
New Sponsor post
2022 Classic Triumph Motorcycle Calendars
by C.B.S - 09/28/21 6:22 pm
New FAQ post
How To: Add attached images in between text
by Morgan aka admin - 10/03/21 9:46 am
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
No Name Man
No Name Man
SE Ohio
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 82
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
koan58 20
Newest Members
Pratty, AndyW, ChrisTriumph3, GLENN'S PLACE, Smartfella
11,876 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (Tommy Thomas, kommando, JubeePrince, konon, trig), 30 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
A couple of points as I see them.
1) this bike is not for racing and even if it was it is going to be a pretty good rider to tell the difference between 28 and 27 degrees.
2) this bike is not for "show"
3) unless the actual headstock is radically different in angle between the two frames then there is naff all difference in the yokes offset.
4) the actual angle of the forks FROM VERTICLE, which is the angle that actually matters, not from the frame, is dramatically affected by the rear suspension. put a 1/2" longer shock on and all bets are off, the angle will come down by several degrees. Same thing with tyres. I had to play around with the afore mentioned to get a better fork angle once I had fitted a '71 set of forks and a 21" wheel to my '67 B44. All good in the end.

BSA on eBay
G
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
G
Reading off the drawings in the books.

1970 the engine centre line as the datum

The dry frame is 16 7/8" from the datum to the centre off the lower steering head bearing plane

1971 OIF

The swing arm centre is the datum line , this is approx 1.2 inches above the motor centre line, .
The 71 drawing shows datum to lower steering head plane centre is 13.643, adding 1.2 , gives 14.84, about 2 " lower than the dry frame? relative to the motor that is

never mind all that, I am sure it will all be fine, its been a popular upgrade for decades.

71 Devimead, John Hill, John Holmes A65 750
56 Norbsa 68 Longstroke A65
Cagiva Raptor 650
MZ TS 250
The poster formerly known as Pod
1 member likes this: Allan G
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com