Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Hillbilly bike
Hillbilly bike
Finger Lakes
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 82
quinten 79
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe, Looping, Teager
11,844 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
8 members (raf940, No Name Man, htown70, AML, desco, KevRasen, Magnetoman, JubeePrince), 30 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#858481 09/14/21 10:07 pm
R
RicLand Offline OP
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
R
A few weeks ago I bought a '60 Gold Star complete with both a center and a side stand. I use the side stand because it's much, much easier for me (5'5", 150lbs, 77 yrs old). I find it almost impossible to get the bike either on or off the center stand even though it's the correct and original one. Has someone here modified the original one or substituted another one to make it easier and less perilous to operate? In order to start the bike I feel I must have it on the center stand and thus far haven't been able to do it safely as a matter of course, Any help in this regard is much appreciated.
THX
Ric

BSA Goldstar on eBay
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
It's always tempting, but not a great idea to start a Gold Star on the center stand. The undercarriage isn't strong enough to survive that abuse long-term. However, it's a much worse idea to start it on the side stand so I can understand if you feel you have no other choice. If you're not already aware of it, BSA made a loop that makes lifting it onto the center stand a lot easier.

[Linked Image]

You shouldn't have a problem finding one of the loops from many of the usual suppliers or on eBay.

O
Opo Offline
Novice poster
Novice poster
O
Part number of that loop is 42-6865, "Lifting handle".

R
RicLand Offline OP
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
R
Thank you gentlemen, this will help a great deal.

Moderated by  Rich B 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com