Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Boomer
Boomer
Orygone
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 84
NickL 69
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 23
Newest Members
bradders, tizianouk, Breeze, FORTYTWO, TomV
11,929 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Shane in Oz, quinten), 19 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Life Member
Life Member
Tom I remember a time when we had 662 registered users and no sponsors........it's come a long way from that. clap

I'm on here and FB......and a small text list. I have trouble keeping up with those. I'd have to say that some on that list wish I would lose that number. laughing

I've viewed your photos several times and really enjoy them. I don't know squat about photography so don't have anything to offer.....love the subject matter. I think it's something a lot of people enjoy.......even if we don't say it often enough.

The good doctors threads are an example of something that I personally enjoy very much but don't feel comfortable enough posting anything to them.......which might be taken the wrong way.

Morgan started this out as a hobby but always wanted it to grow and be self-sufficient.......a profit is not a bad thing for a man's that retired. Bless him for putting up with all the drama over the years........and good on him if he's figured out a way to keep it going. There was a time when it was all on him, pulled the money out of his own pocket to keep it going.

The audience is aging out but I really don't see a decline in content at all. We have lost several from that 662. But we're lucky enough to have some really good minds in here that are still willing to share. You could be right about growth.....I have no clue about membership trends. I "feels" a lot bigger nowadays.

Gordon in NC, USA

Gordon Gray in NC, USA.........my son says..... "Everybody is stupid about something"
1 member likes this: Morgan aka admin
British motorcycles on eBay
Life member
Life member
Originally Posted by No Name Man
Just tell em to decide for you, Hillbilly. That will seem right at home for you full English types

An early evening in August of the year 2006 we landed in America for the first time, long long trip from UK via Paris France we were dog tired.
Through jet lagged eyes & eras neither me nor Marie could read or understand a word in the diner. My solution to our dilemma- "Sorry we're too tired for all this, could you just feed us please?" It worked, we are forever grateful to our black lady server who fed us and did so very well.
Never had to do it again except perhaps during the 2014 overland trip we did follow (good) advice with some Mexican stuff, thanks Bill.

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination, It's the glory of the ride (Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
Life member
Life member
Originally Posted by ricochetrider

THAT SAID,
Maybe actual participation has dropped off while lurking and looking still runs pretty strong? For example my thread this summer has over 4,000 views but only a couple people have bothered to comment- even when I've asked for commentary.

Whatever. I'm one who likes to use everything at my disposal to accomplish whatever it is. Internet forums, related fb groups, social media pages or outlets, are just tools. One does not build a house with just a hammer. Certainly there will be some crossover activity between platforms, but no single "tool" will reach the whole audience.

To some extent I have become one of the lurkers.
Not really from choice, there are times when I really have nothing to add to a thread then there are times when I do want to say something.
But there is a problem, since some of the health shyte occurred I do not find it so easy as before in stringing together the right sequence of words that will read what is in my mind. To edit and re edit is a right pain in the butt!
Morgan providing a "like" option has been a God Send for me.

So there we have it folks, I've become an appreciative reader, lurker and looker at folks pics & words.

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination, It's the glory of the ride (Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

3 members like this: ricochetrider, Gordon Gray, Morgan aka admin
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Gordon is spot on. I cannot believe I'm still doing this after 25 years, The board itself it just great but the work behind is .... well its a challenge let say that with the computer tech stuff and scam/phish/hacks out there.

Challenge aside, I'm all ears if you guys have feedback on how to.

Year 2020-2021 has also been a challenge with so little rides and rallies maybe we can pick that up soon.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support Britbike forum & upgrade your membership
------------------------------
Join our British motorcycle forum on Facebook
3 members like this: royaloilfield, Gordon Gray, ricochetrider
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by Morgan aka admin
Gordon is spot on. I cannot believe I'm still doing this after 25 years, The board itself it just great but the work behind is .... well its a challenge let say that with the computer tech stuff and scam/phish/hacks out there.

Challenge aside, I'm all ears if you guys have feedback on how to.

Year 2020-2021 has also been a challenge with so little rides and rallies maybe we can pick that up soon.

Morgan, good deal man, I'm happy to be proven wrong here- glad the forum is doing well, then!

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Yes Morgan thanks for all the hard work and effort.... The R&T doesnt seem as busy as it once was but still good stuff going on... But the BSA section seems pretty busy as well as other sections too.... Things shift all the time and I do my best to go with the flow.... I mostly use facebook to look at old photos... Thats the kind of groups I belong to there... But I dont ever expect to meet the caliber of friends there that I met here over the years .... Life long friends that I currently miss seeing in person... Soon enough !!!

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
3 members like this: Morgan aka admin, royaloilfield, Gordon Gray
Richrd Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
what is this book of faces of which you speak?

Rich
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
couple of beesas a ducati
and a Honda?
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Richrd
what is this book of faces of which you speak?

You're not missing a thing, never fear .... !

Lannis

"Never stand and take a charge. Charge them too!"
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I'm on the R&T the most simply because my Norton and A10 have been up and running long enough that I rarely get any surprises from them that I haven't seen before. I do check in on the BSA forum occasionally but any advice I can offer has already been given so I just keep to myself. I like the company here much better than anything you can find on Farcebook but there are times when I have to get on to check in with some of my non Brit Bike riding friends.

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com