Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

BLACK FRIDAY MEMBERSHIP OFFER 2021

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership Life Membership

50 % DISCOUNT ON ALL OPTIONS!!!

New Sponsor post
The BLACK FRIDAY SALE is here!
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/23/21 5:29 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
umjwh
umjwh
Lowell, Ind
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 76
Rohan 74
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Gus_Carrero, mogmike, Julian1966, BSACliff, Bezza Frank
11,920 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Magnetoman, Alex g), 16 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#854972 07/30/21 4:46 pm
O
In Remembrance
OP Offline
In Remembrance
O

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
But its not a Victor Special but a B44 Shooting Star with a 1970 VS tank and some other VS parts such as headlamp. Clues are the centre stand which cannot be fitted to a VS as no lugs on frame plus the Shooting Star complete front wheel. So its a B44SS with VS parts added.

Life Member
Life Member
1968 front brake…..probably whole front end. 314 miles in this case probably means that’s when the cable broke.

Ob…….you’re trying brother and we love ya for it.

Prices are soft right now IMO. My guess is they will be for some time. $3500 will get you a lot of bike today.

Gordon

Gordon Gray in NC, USA.........my son says..... "Everybody is stupid about something"
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
1968 front brake…..probably whole front end. 314 miles in this case probably means that’s when the cable broke.

Ob…….you’re trying brother and we love ya for it.

Prices are soft right now IMO. My guess is they will be for some time. $3500 will get you a lot of bike today.

Gordon

I had my A10 at MidOhio, and just to have a go, set it out with a sign that said "Make Offer". It's not beautiful, but it IS complete and solid, and anything at MidOhio stays dusty, but I'd ride it across the country - nothing wrong with it.

It was very strange - 5,000 people walked past it. About 80% of them never even glanced at it. Me, I could never help just having a look at an old Brit if it was sitting there even if I wasn't in a buying mood. (Probably says more about the current MidOhio crowd than it does me or my bike). The rest of the folks looked at it as they walked or rode by, and about 10 asked about it.

"How much do you want for it?" they said. "You're the buyer - it's only worth what you'll give for it. How much would that be?" sez I.

"But what are you trying to get for it?" they'd say. "Well, if you've got money, pull it out and let's see if it's enough. You might be surprised!" I'd counter.

Out of all those people, ONE guy made an offer. I think that people are so scared of being accused of "lowballing" the seller that they're afraid to say anything. He said "Well, I hate to make too low an offer ..."

I said "You see all these people here? You know what their offer is? ZERO, that's how much. So anything you offer will be a better offer than that!".

He did make an offer ($3200), and I said "Thanks, but that's just a tad low, I think. If this were an A65 or B50, I'd take it, but these are a little thinner on the ground ....". He thanked me and I thanked him and that was that for the day.

Have to figure out how to find the right audience, I guess.

Lannis

"Never stand and take a charge. Charge them too!"
1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
O
In Remembrance
OP Offline
In Remembrance
O
well, I did put the "!?!" in the title, inferring some question to the veracity of the sale
wont claim to be as studied as some here, but just the stated mileage alone is a red flag

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
1 member likes this: Gordon Gray

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com