Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
5% Off Everything for Brit Bike Users
by The Bonneville Shop - 12/30/21 4:54 pm
New FAQ post
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
JD
JD
Maryland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 63
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Lannis 25
NickL 24
Newest Members
Vincent in LA, Lil Dave, OWhatAThrill, Mountain Rider, ToddK
11,996 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Richard Kal, bsawood, John Harvey, R Moulding), 24 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics75,326
Posts758,926
Members11,995
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Just say "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?" laughing

Lannis

"Never stand and take a charge. Charge them too!"
Triumphs on eBay
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Hi Jon; nothing to apology. I understand your point of view and that Internet is not the same like a direct chat.
I think that is not necessary to explain that I am really into old Triumph. In fact; is what I use as transportation but with the shops at 25000km from here; the customs problems here; the enormous shipping costs right now and that I am a worker not a retired guy with a big wallet and the Dollar exchange here is way bad (you know this is a poor Country) is way difficult for me to keep trying to transport on these motorcycles even less to restore another...
-Nobody here want to buy an old Bike. I do not have the possibility to go to take photos due to owner lives in the Country and is a "special" guy.
All that said; I did all the movements included ask a lawyer about the paper work etc so did not not what I could do to earn more money to buy that machine
but if I cannot use it is a no no for me.
May be others want it? Again; nobody wants old British bikes here. There is no market. No scene (all turned to new bikes) No spare parts.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hi Fernando----how much is the seller asking for the 1949 T100?

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Tridentman
Hi Fernando----how much is the seller asking for the 1949 T100?

I'll go with you, Richard!!

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

"Every time I listen to AC/DC, so do my neighbors"

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Hi Richard; months ago he was asking 3000D without papers/title. The relation regarding USA income is to think in about 6000D. Bike is parked since several years ago. He never kicked or rode it. A tractor s mechanic buddy told me that he was the last one that kicked the bike.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I think that without papers the only way to get the bike from Uruguay to US would be to partially dismantle the bike and either send the parts in several packages or carry it as hand baggage. Once in US a title can be obtained --particularly in Jons home state of Vermont.
If the hand baggage route then, Jon, you and I will have to be prepared for several return trips to Uruguay!
Fernando-- I know that you have big problems getting bike parts into Uruguay--- do you know if there is the same problem with Uruguayan Customs getting parts out of Uruguay?

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
...do not know the logistics right now; but is well known that 30-35 years ago most HD (flats mostly; knuckles and few pans) plenty of different British brands (to Europe) and old cars went away overseas.
Plenty of possible hassles; plenty of money to pay services and logistics here then 5000D more to do the engine and to buy some parts; then chroming paint etc.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by reverb
...do not know the logistics right now; but is well known that 30-35 years ago most HD (flats mostly; knuckles and few pans) plenty of different British brands (to Europe) and old cars went away overseas.
That sounds familiar. I remember many years ago the VW magazines were always showing big 'finds' of old cars in South America, which could be had for pennies on the dollar.
The old guy at the shop where I worked could spot an exporter before he even entered the shop. A lot of our British bikes went back home in the 90's. I haven't seen a T160 here in a long time, they love them in England.

It's not a bug, it's 'character.'

72 T120V cafe project "Mr. Jim"
72 T150V "Wotan"
92 BMW K100rs "Gustav"
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Wow, I'd love to ride a Triumph around Uruguay, my wife had a work trip there about 10 years ago and we decided to spend two weeks visiting Uruguay and Argentina. Everyone told us that in a couple of days and we would be bored of Uruguay and should head to Argentina ASAP.

Every two days we called the car rental company and asked to extend our trip, lovely country! We ended up spending just two days in Argentina.

I can imagine that keeping an old bike running there must be a labour of love. Good on you Reverb!

3D TV: A format that lost a format war without even having an opponent.
Bikes: '69 T120 on average (1967 rolling frame and 1971 Bonnie engine) + '56 1/2 T110 on average (58 rolling frame - with 55 iron head engine) + 74 T150 Home model.
B
bon Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Barn Find Hunter by Hagerty on YT, excellent channel i recommend to anyone with oil in their blood. I do find a lot of people in these barns and sheds, are hoarders, no matter what state the bikes are in, they won't let them go.

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Hi DavidP; yes; that way.

Hi Bigbars (chopper?) before the closing of borders I went in a 79 Bonneville from here to Argentina and back. Argentina has unique landscapes due to the Mountains and that is a large Country. Those incredible places are near Bolivia or near the Southern parts and from here is about 7000 - 10000km round trip. I still did not do it but may be if I find the evasive crankshaft I would do it.
Since a kid I wanted to go to Manaus in Brazil that is in the Amazon forest but always thought that there is too much heat for an old bike however now I am thinking that in Winter time would be good due to there in Winter not be more than 27ºC I think. Problem is if the engine damages. There is no old motorbikes in Brazil.

Hi Bon; reminds me 2 times that I went to Argentina with cash in my hand to buy a 69 Bonneville engine that was on that bench since 15 years (in that time) but that hoarder did not accepted that amount of money! he wanted 500D more!! and I had about 4000D on the hand (like to go with 8000 there in USA)
The guy had 250 (big) bikes or more and some very unique. Around 30 Triumph with couple of first year Bonnevilles; special Hondas etc.

1 member likes this: bon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com