Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Matchman62
Matchman62
Armidale ,Australia
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 89
Rohan 66
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 13
Newest Members
vanGinneke, Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A
11,839 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBMorris, Tom A65LR), 37 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Allan G Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
Hi All,

Has anyone used one of these on their 71/72 A65/Tr6/T120? The photo on their site doesn't really help and I was hoping that if someone has fitted one, if they could share some photos? I am considering the one with the oil gauge section.

TIA.

Triples Rule link to website.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (now rebuilt)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

British motorcycles on eBay
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
Hi Allan,

Have had one on my T100 for ... oooh ... fifteen(?) years. Can't post a photo. as I'm a mere pleb member but my T100 looks pretty-much like the TR image.

thumbsup - Looks the dog's dangly bits (I was torn between mounting on the bike or on the wall as a piece of modern art). Mine bolted straight on, no issues - extended stainless nuts screwed straight into the disc-brake stanchion top caps. Cutaway between the clocks allows access to the standard Lucas lighting switch lever.

thumbsdown - Pressure gauge is too small to have its own illumination. "TR7RVMan" Don had trouble fitting his to his bike - apart from Meriden was a bit carefree about exactly where they glued the headlamp bracket lugs to the shrouds, so headlamp vertical positions vary, OIF have 1/4" less vertical distance between the yokes.

Another bike needing one, would I buy it again? Do bears crap in the woods? Apart from anything else, Don might sell me his cheap. laughing

Hth?

Regards,

A
Allan G Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
Thankyou for the apraisal Stuart, I will look into investing in one of those. The bike has the conical front end in at the moment but as Mr DVLA hasn't given me back my registration documents yet Im not going to fit the disc front end to it just yet (I am also curious to see how nicely the conical front end performs)

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (now rebuilt)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com