Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Ron T. in KY
Ron T. in KY
Northern KY
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 94
Rohan 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 14
Newest Members
Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A, paulski
11,838 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
8 members (Tommy Thomas, GJVGC, TrophyTR6, Norri Robertson, konon, Hillbilly bike, bill50cal, BeezaBryan), 29 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Life Member
Online Content
Life Member
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
Going in the hospital Tuesday morning to install a temporary colostomy.
Tumor is significantly blocking the colon, causing a lot of pain.

Already stopped up a bit from an infection in there that started this pain session.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Damnit……they know what they’re doing so I’m going with that. They have stuff to keep you from hurting………don’t go all John Wayne and refuse it. Let modern medicine and the associated chemicals do what they can. Hang in there brother… you got this.

Gordon

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 06/10/21 7:50 pm.

Gordon Gray in NC, USA.........as Lannis says “Gordon is either all in or all out.....there’s no in between”
1 member likes this: PINEMONKEY
British motorcycles on eBay
O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
They give me what I have, bottles and bottles.
Even took a request for a slightly weaker med that also doesnt give as much "medicine head".

I'm trying to remain fairly comfortable.
Dont care for medicine head!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
2 members like this: PINEMONKEY, Gordon Gray
O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
Tumor has been labeled terminal. Future treatments will be tougher, and for less advantage.
They say I may have a year.

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
knuckle head
Online Content
knuckle head
No one wants to hear that...it sucks....The docs told me I am terminal but here I am...As they say, one day at a time...

79 T140D, 89 Honda 650NT ,61 A10 .On a bike you can out run the demons
"I don't know what the world may need
But a V8 engine is a good start for me
Think I'll drive to find a place, to be surly"
1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
I've been thru two rounds of chemo plus bone marrow transplant and I've been told there's no cure for my disease, but I've never been told the "T" word, so I don't feel qualified to make any intelligent comment on your last post. But I will tell you that I, and all the other active members on this forum have you in our thoughts even if we are at a loss for words. Only two days ago as I was looking up at a clear blue sky and beautiful green forested horizon, I thought to myself, "what miracle of the universe has allowed me to live such a privileged life?"

Tom

Life's uncertain - go fast now!
3 members like this: Tommy Thomas, PINEMONKEY, Gordon Gray
Life Member
Online Content
Life Member
I figure we are all just waiting our turn. You are hard headed and stubborn....................................prove them wrong, it's been done before.

Any way I can help with those bucket list items you're thinking about checking off......just let me know.

Like the "kid" already said.......we have you and your family in our thoughts.

Gordon

Gordon Gray in NC, USA.........as Lannis says “Gordon is either all in or all out.....there’s no in between”
2 members like this: PINEMONKEY, koncretekid
O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
Thank you guys!

Sorting through a lot of things these days, and while not a load of fun, went surprisingly smoothly. I guess I figured it would be going this way from the git-go, and had my head right for it.

Hoping to make a grand motorcycle tour, just have to get mile-eating appliance.
The insurance company has made no reasonable offer regarding the property damage or physical damage.
So, getting a road bike will have to wait for Jake to get off his useless ass and pay out for their admitted red light running driver.

Or do it on my DRZ400...

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker

Well, for SURE let us know when you're on the road, where you're stopping, or whatever. You know that we'd love to make one or more of those stops into a mini-rally.....

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
No doubt!

Riding will have to wait for some symptoms to be fixed, until then it is just dreaming!

Life Member
Online Content
Life Member
No doubt!

Riding will have to wait for some symptoms to be fixed, until then it is just dreaming!

Dream.....plan.......don't give up. ( I know you won't)

I don't have a mile muncher.....but I do have a small cruiser.....2010 Honda RS750 ( the Shadow the Shadow owners hated) and if I mount the hard bags and Russel Day Long it's not the most embarrassing thing on the road ( my 250 w/cooler bags has that all tied up).........I could have it at your place in a matter of hours. Just say the word.

I've been looking at other options and they are out there........you just get to where you can ride......we can hash out the rest.

Gordon .....just up the road in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 07/04/21 5:01 pm.

1 member likes this: PINEMONKEY
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
No doubt!

Well, see how the symptoms go ... if it's taking a while, we might just have to get together in or around Charleston .... !

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
L
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
L
Beaming you some positive energy, from one survivor to another. Thinking of you.

2 members like this: BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Thank you guys!

Sorting through a lot of things these days, and while not a load of fun, went surprisingly smoothly. I guess I figured it would be going this way from the git-go, and had my head right for it.

The insurance company has made no reasonable offer regarding the property damage or physical damage.
So, getting a road bike will have to wait for Jake to get off his useless ass and pay out for their admitted red light running driver.

Or do it on my DRZ400...

You're welcome here any time, my work schedule is still loose enough to have some gaping holes in it for a while yet. By December > January work all have surpassed all kinds of "normal" and be heading into full-on crazy, however.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Just sending my best in thoughts and prayers. Joe

O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
Thank you guys!

H
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
H
Dammit OB! I hadn't heard the news. I am looking forward to bringing a woods bike to Shady Valley, have you show me around the gravel roads a bit. We live in an age of medical miracles. See you soon

1974 Norton Commando 850
1973 Yamaha TX750
1975 Yamaha DT400B
1984 Yamaha RZ350
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
2014 Triumph Rocket III
2020 Yamaha Tenere' 700
O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
Wisht I knew the gravel roads around Shady Valley, if they are anything like the lanes!

While I doubt I will be riding by then, there is an organized ride will do you just fine! Up to 7 routes now, varies from almost all paved to 60% gravel.
No trail on route, but some can be had at the local OHV trails.
Better have your man panties on if you go to ride those trails, probably better off not to unless you have knowledge of the place or a guide.
{former site of the Brown Mountain Lights enduro}
{for more fun, web search "Brown Mountain lights"}

https://carolinadualsporters.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/2021-blue-ridge-flyer.pdf

All proceeds benefit MD Anderson Cancer research!
Based out of Pineola NC

Semper Gumby, this one has your name on it too!
Y'all let me know if you go!

Last edited by Ob1quixote; 07/13/21 10:27 pm.

O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
Been a while...

no good news
cancer growth marker was already very high, up 10% more since the beginning of the month.
doc says as of right now, with no other treatments, 3-6 months

we are applying for a clinical study, controlled blind placebo
hey, at least I know one thing
if I get in the test, 67% get the real drug, the rest get placebo

O
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
O
Well, I take that bit about good news back.

Miss Anna and her parents were going to come to town for a visit, but that was cancelled after a potential covid exposure {thankfully no further spread in the Mott family!}.

In the meantime, plans for my wife and I to take a little trip into the NC mountains started to fall into place.
Said to self "Hey, wonder if the Motts are still up for a road trip?"

Miss Anna, Melissa and Steve will be meeting us for the weekend at Little Switzerland NC! Hell, it is even an hour's drive time shorter for them!

And then, I mentioned to GG that this plan was coming together, and he will be joining the soiree if work doesnt interfere!

Last edited by Ob1quixote; 08/22/21 6:25 am.

Life Member
Online Content
Life Member
Been a while...

no good news
cancer growth marker was already very high, up 10% more since the beginning of the month.
doc says as of right now, with no other treatments, 3-6 months

we are applying for a clinical study, controlled blind placebo
hey, at least I know one thing
if I get in the test, 67% get the real drug, the rest get placebo

That's rough news no matter how you look at it. Haven't got a clue what to say except I have my fingers crossed the clinical study is the cure.

Let us know if there's anything we can do.....Gordon

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com