Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
ricochetrider
ricochetrider
Pennsyltuckey
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DJinCA Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
That is a lovely machine.

NOPE.
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
The Ariel hubs front and rear should be aluminum.
I think there should also be a splash tray between the head and carb.
For that money I would want everything to be correct.
Just my two cents worth of course..

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
>>>>>>>>>>>> 65 years old <<<<<<<<<<<<<< ( I was 8 years old ) Wow, was shipped to England for the restoration!!

“ 1956 BSA Golden Flash 650cc
Made in England. This BSA was shipped back to England to be professionally restored about 7 years ago and then shipped back to the US. It has been recently serviced. It starts easily and runs great! This is a complete and original BSA. I have all the records from the restoration including the original pictures. Wheels were rebuilt by Buchanan's spoke and rim. Restoration was preformed by Dranganfly Motorcycles in UK. It comes with a few extra parts and repair / parts manuals. The pictures should answer most of your questions. You are not going to find another big cc BSA in this condition for this price!“. I believe that! And yet, if it was a Triumph, It’d be GONE!!

Last edited by KC in S.B.; 06/03/21 11:30 pm.

Down to 1 BSA, 2 Triumphs, 1 '56 Chevy
1 '65 XLCH, Hernia Gift, on the way to Japan!
Q
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Q
Originally Posted by KC in S.B.
>>>>>>>>>>>> 65 years old <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

how are you hubs ?

I
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I
Hoe many? Oh, HOW MANY so-called "professional restorations" have we seen that are screwed up?

Add this one to them.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I had a conversation on that topic at a Car show. We fixed on the word “professional” and actually decided it simply means you take money for the work. Not necessarily that you know anything !!

Down to 1 BSA, 2 Triumphs, 1 '56 Chevy
1 '65 XLCH, Hernia Gift, on the way to Japan!
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Irish Swede
HOW MANY so-called "professional restorations" have we seen that are screwed up?

Add this one to them.

There's also the possibility that the owner specified that his hubs be finished in black, or even added them afterward.

All in all, this is still a very nice-looking bike and the asking price seems pretty reasonable for this particular type of machine in this condition. The seller also states that it runs great, unlike another seller on this forum who is asking almost three times as much for his and will get it running if there is interest. The other might be an RGS but weighing the two, this GF looks pretty attractive for multiple reasons black hubs or not.

The Ad:

1956 BSA Golden Flash A10 - Runs Great - Clean CA Title - $7,500 (Fountain Valley)

1956 BSA Golden Flash 650cc

Made in England. This BSA was shipped back to England to be professionally restored about 7 years ago and then shipped back to the US. It has been recently serviced. It starts easily and runs great! This is a complete and original BSA. I have all the records from the restoration including the original pictures. Wheels were rebuilt by Buchanan's spoke and rim. Restoration was preformed by Dranganfly Motorcycles in UK. It comes with a few extra parts and repair / parts manuals. The pictures should answer most of your questions. You are not going to find another big cc BSA in this condition for this price!

Clean and Clear California Title with Tags Registered Non-op.

The bike is located in Southern California. It is prefered to sell the bike here in person to the buyer. However if you would like to ship the bike I am happy to work with you and your shipper to make that happen. I have worked in the motorcycle industry for 10+ years and I have shipped numerous bikes to buyers over the years.

The price is $7,500 Firm

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

"Every time I listen to AC/DC, so do my neighbors"

1 member likes this: PINEMONKEY
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
Probably brakes pitted with corrosion and painted to cover it up.
Just my highly suspicious two cents worth of course.

P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
I'll take the black hubs over chromed covers and an admittedly amateurish tank resto.
Plus, it runs!

For the price of a non-running RGS you could drop $500 on "correct" hubs and hoops and still have $13K to spend on tshirts and tacos.

Then again... those hubs could be PAINTED PLYWOOD!
Wait.. it also RUNS!? Is there a Honda engine secreted away inside the gearbox?! GASP!

Ennyhoo, I think it is a classy looking bike that appears rather complete and, as advertised, sounds well-sorted.

NOPE.
1 member likes this: Jon W. Whitley
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by PINEMONKEY
That is a lovely machine.

It IS a lovely machine, and if it's as represented in the photos, and runs well, it's well worth the money.

I think what's bothering people is the two unfortunate words "Professionally Restored". As mentioned, it probably just means that he paid a guy money to fix it; he probably didn't mean "restored to factory concours condition, a 100 point VMCC winner". Because if he did, it would be a LOT more money than that, and there would be a whole lot more rivets to count.

I'd have a look at it, except ... well, I already have one just like it!

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Lannis

It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.
1 member likes this: PINEMONKEY
P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
Considering that the "restoration" was seen to by Draganfly, I'd be inclined to think it was well done? I hold them in high esteem, primarily due to the parts and wisdom they've provided me with over the years... certainly they qualify as "professionals"? More than some Billy Ray Fuqueknuckles who runs a "shop" behind his house, yeah? Ennyhoo, I hope the bike finds an owner and gets ridden.

NOPE.

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com