Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Beach
Beach
West Virginia, United States
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
A
Put a brand new Concentric carb on a bike then ride it for 500 miles, take the slide out and wipe your finger inside the carb body, it will be black. That black is the metal worn away from the slide and body

BSA B31 500 "Stargazer"
Greeves 200 "Blue Meanie"
Greeves 350
Greeves 360
Suzuki GSX1100 EFE "Sorcerers Apprentice"
GM500 sprint/LSR bike "Deofol"
Jawa 500 "Llareggub"
Aprilia RSV Mille "Lo Stregone"
'35 & '36 OK Supreme
Kawasaki ZZR1400 "Kuro no senshi"
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
I bought an SRM OPRV several years ago and it seized open, so I threw it into the bottom draw of my tool box and fitted a standard one, and SRM's uprated oil pump. Couple of months ago I dug SRM's stainless OPRV out, and tried to free the piston. It took ages and the body was scored. I cleaned it all up, but somehow when putting it back together the spring damaged itself., started unwinding the coil spring. Rang up SRM, told them the story and they said send it back and we'll fix it and pressure test it, which they did, send it back FOC. Seems OK at the moment, and 10/10 for customer service. I've got a pressure gauge fitted to the bike to keep an eye on, but SS piston and body is not really a good idea.

1971 BSA A65 Lightning "Bitsa"
1966 BSA A65 "Beezuki" with GT550 two-stroke engine
1974 Triumph T150 830cc
1975 Suzuki GT550
1975 Laverda 1000 3C
1986 Yamaha SRX 600 X 2
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com