Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or Benefactor or Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
Bulletin March 14th 2023
by BritCycleSupply - 03/15/23 2:52 pm
New FAQ post
Disappearing User
by Boomer - 03/09/23 9:27 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 03/19/23 9:36 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 03/18/23 4:57 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
How to Straighten Your Amal Carburettor Float Bowl
by Stuart Kirk - 03/18/23 8:38 pm
Sixth edition is now out:
The Gold Star Buyer's Companion
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Ron Pare
Ron Pare
Salem, MA
Top Posters(30 Days)
DavidP 85
kevin 55
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 34
Newest Members
GTO68, PKR, Frank4, Bob Mayer, KurtV
12,432 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,758
Posts787,766
Members12,432
Most Online230
Mar 11th, 2023
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Owes beer's to admin
OP Offline
Owes beer's to admin
YES it looks like all the shyte we've all been through is SLOWLY very slowly coming to a conclusion, and we've been told that we can venture out and about in groups of 6, so as I've not done a great deal of mileage on the Enfield, I took that out from the fettling shed, hit the kickstart button and off we did go. Got to the meeting point to see some of the lads already waiting, THAT'S how keen everyone is to get back to *normal*.... grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There was a slight chill in the air today, and thanks to our very own Kev I have a new picture taking machine, so that bloody blur I've been famous for, should now be a thing of the past. But as this here machine is new to me, I didn't take any photos hanging off the bike as we made our way to Brighton, that'll happen soon enough y'all can count on that... wink

Got to Brighton to be greeted by a ton of roadworks, it seems that the area is now run by the Green party, and them buggers are turning the seafront into a no parking zone, and bicycle lanes all over the place. SO as Baza57 was our leader we went down a bicycle lane to get to the Fish & Chip shop, parked up by squeezing into a tight spot. The place was heaving with people, due to the Sun being out and a clear Blue sky....

Huss on his fine A10 had some trouble, the bike had lost it's timing, after a search...

Someone noticed the auto advance thingy wasn't moving, so the fibre gear wheel must've lost some teeth, the lad was left waiting for his recovery service to collect him....

After Fish & Chips the next item on the agenda was BEER, but due to these plague times in which we live, you have to make an appointment, just to sit in the beer garden, IF the pub as such a thing. And of course everyone that has was packed, so we headed home with a thirst and a heavy heart. How can you make a reservation if you don't know what time you'll be there or how many people will be with you, by now our six riders were about twelve, two packs of six if you like.... wink

We were hoping to find a friendly pub, and came across this place....

Just got me helmet off, when Baza came along to say, "They won't let us even sit on the grass to drink beer, all their outside tables are full" Oh dear what a shame, shall we perhaps meander along for a bit, said everyone...Or words that might've said that....

And we came across a wonderful place, where as we parked in the pub's car park the owner was fettling his car in the fettling shed...

He loved all the old bikes, and said OF COURSE you can drink at my pub, go around to the front and take a seat, then just as we were about to walk, he fired up the engine...

A lovely day ended perfectly....

So we're BACK lads, more yarns to follow, some on the Indian Enfield, some on the English BSA's and some on the USA Indian, why there might even be a yarn with the Italian Moto Guzzi. I care not one jot, it's just GREAT to be back out there riding bikes, quaffing Ale and being with the lads again. Once again my thanks go to Kev, this here camera works a treat lad... thumbsup

Last edited by Kent Shaun; 04/18/21 6:16 pm.

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
2 members like this: royaloilfield, BeezaBryan
British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
shaun yer yarn made my day!

1972 Triumph T120
1968 BSA A65
1968 MGB Roadster
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1969 Honda Mini Trail
2004 Honda Shadow Aero
1949 Ferguson TE20 tractor
1975 yamaha xs650b
1971 SL 175 Honda military resto mod
2 olive drab WWII military bicycle replicas
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Thanks Shaun. Great to see the Kentish lanes again!

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
JD Offline
Moto-Amish
Moto-Amish
Fantastic, Shaun! Glad things are settling down there. I'm looking forward to more of your yarns! What year was that car?

Josh
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by JD
Fantastic, Shaun! Glad things are settling down there. I'm looking forward to more of your yarns! What year was that car?

That looks like an MG-TD, which would make it a 1950 - 1953 car. A real MG geek might be able to say which specific year .... !

Lannis

Patriotism is supporting your country all of the time and your government when it deserves it.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
No salt on the roads Shaun? Grass verges are dying north of the river due to all the road salt.

Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Looks like a lovely Sunday Outing!

We had races Sunday- the Sixth Street Specials Racing Team ware down our way for a AMA Vintage Flattrack (Sunday) and Saturday apparently saw the points-seekers racing, all at Gratz PA's famous 1/2 mile-er. Of course, everything happens at once, Sunday was also the season's very 1st Vintage Eliminator Drags back at South Mountain Raceway, our very own local drag strip at Boiling Springs! I HAD BEEN planning to go watch the drags but hanging with good friends beats hanging with acquaintances, and motorbikes beats cars, every time.

Why, o why can't folks coordinate OUR schedules so we don't have these conflicts? laughing

Lesya Ukrainka:
“He who has not lived through a storm/does not know the price of strength.”

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Looks like good times... Yes the races where fun and I got out and about around the city today... While my adventure did not involve any pubs , I did enjoy the sunshine and a good chat with the guys at 6th street

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
Huss on his fine A10 had some trouble, the bike had lost it's timing, after a search.

Someone noticed the auto advance thingy wasn't moving, so the fibre gear wheel must've lost some teeth, the lad was left waiting for his recovery service to collect him....
I thought all you Luddites could fix a points ignition by banging it on the kerb. laughing

Keep your head up and your stick on the ice.

72 T120V cafe project "Mr. Jim"
72 T150V "Wotan"

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
manual advance / retard; it's the true path. Anything else is frippery.

Life member
Life member
Originally Posted by DavidP
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
Huss on his fine A10 had some trouble, the bike had lost it's timing, after a search.

I thought all you Luddites could fix a points ignition by banging it on the kerb. laughing

This is what the magneto fibre drive gear will look like when it comes oout -

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride

(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
turn the gear over, there's a little more left!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Awesome!!! Any more pics of Brighton?

Brian
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Don't know whether they still hold it but "back in the day" they used to hold sprints along that stretch of the sea front in Brighton.

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com