Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
demonfonzarelli
demonfonzarelli
Southern Ontario, Canada
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#845434 04/08/21 8:02 am
M
Mito Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
M
Hey Everyone, many thanks to Allan G and Daniel C and others who provided photos of original BSA A65 paintwork details. The photos these guys provided were invaluable. Here's the finished product.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

70 Rob North Rocket 3
71 T150
71 A65 Firebird
03 Buell Lightning
08 Buell Ulysses
1974 Honda SL 125
75 Honda XL 350
84 Ducati 600 TTF2
2 members like this: Kevin E, Blown Income
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
That looks great Mito! I should let you do mine!!

What colour have you used (where from) for the eutruscan bronze?

I got to say I enjoy looking at a bike when someone has paid attention to getting such details correct, you see many "nice" bsa tanks which have had a lot of money thrown at them but the paint lines are completely wrong. It probably makes me anal but I think it is a tell tale to the other level of details taken on the restoration of the bike that you cannot see.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

M
Mito Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
M
Thanks Allan, the bronze is Orange Rock from a Holden/Vauxall Sparx and the white is Ford Ranger white. I got the orange striping from Burtons. The painting is not perfect as I got a couple of dust flecks in the final clear coat but it will do. A quick blast down a shingle road will add the required patina. As you mentioned, it was a difficult tank to get right because the broad flat panels and soft crease line gave lots of variables but I think it's about right. Your photos help immensely. The bike was a bit of a mess when I got it. Lots of corrosion and a run D/S big end. I have converted to crank end feed and a complete rebuild of the engine. Even had to make a new exhaust system as the old one was just rotten. Cheers, Stu
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

70 Rob North Rocket 3
71 T150
71 A65 Firebird
03 Buell Lightning
08 Buell Ulysses
1974 Honda SL 125
75 Honda XL 350
84 Ducati 600 TTF2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com