Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Beach
Beach
West Virginia, United States
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 80
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (Magnetoman, bsalloyd, MaaseyRacer, R Moulding, scott garland), 18 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
D
If not true then at least amusing. Someone should call in case it's legit though.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mpo/d/gladstone-bsa-500cc-goldstar-eng-trans/7300488659.html

British motorcycles on eBay
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
Have you ever been to the lawnmower races? They are a bit of a hoot. This ad is affiliated with them somehow so at least that part isn't a joke.

"we are America’s oldest and largest National Mower Racing Sanctioning Body. The USLMRA is run for fun-loving racing enthusiasts and their friends."

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Boomer and Gary E are comparatively close by.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
The complete ad:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mpo/d/gladstone-bsa-500cc-goldstar-eng-trans/7300488659.html

"Tough times forces sale, With Covid, our racing league has hit the wall and gone high side. We also had an unfortunate accident during race practice and our lead racer needs surgery. Possibly a prosthetic new arm.

We are selling our parts pile of BSA engines, transmissions and various parts for our racing operation. Here is an important detail though. We will sell each engine to anyone with a Valid IMOW membership card for $500 each.

Other wise, priced as marked.

BSA Goldstar B34GS Late Engine (1960) Complete with Race mag, trans, Primary and mounting plates, Also including is a rebuilt Mikuni VM Carb, cables and 1/4 turn throttle. $990

BSA Goldstar B34GS with alternator, Primary and Close ration gearbox, Mount plates and some misch gaskets, seals, rings and bearings. $995

BSA Singles engine cases, heads, cams, cranks, several partial transmissions. ONE pile. $ 1999

BSA RGS Dual carb head, and Race engine Built by Roland Pike $1555

For more information and to become a registered member of the IMOW organization, (We race in the Modifieds/unlimited class) check out the national website and find a local race club near you.
https://letsmow.com/about/

We’re the sod slingers of America…

Established in 1992, we are America’s oldest and largest National Mower Racing Sanctioning Body. The USLMRA is run for fun-loving racing enthusiasts and their friends. Members and affiliate racers enjoy the love of competition and to tinker, and all who share this philosophy are welcome. We don’t race for money, only trophies, glory, points and bragging rights!
We balance American ingenuity with a sense of humor and a love to tinker and desire to go fast! By not racing for money, we keep our sport safe and affordable.

God Bless and MAGA!"

[Linked Image from images.craigslist.org]

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

"Every time I listen to AC/DC, so do my neighbors"

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I'm thinking it's a total joke. Yes I'm about a half hour away from the location on the map but for one, there is no East Linn and I responded several hours ago with no response.

Bill B..

Boomer
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I did notice the image of the Alternator A10. Police model. Could have wandered up from Los Angeles. I recall their police department purchased a small fleet for evaluation. Fort Worth, Texas police department did the same with Ariel Square Four's in the mid fifty's. I'm sure Harley countered with a sweet heart deal.

Coming to terms with your delusions, is the first step to sanity
D
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
D
Originally Posted by Boomer
I'm thinking it's a total joke. Yes I'm about a half hour away from the location on the map but for one, there is no East Linn and I responded several hours ago with no response.

Bill B..

Likely but there's just enough truth to the ad to make you wonder.
I'm also close to the area and notices that. He has another ad for a triumph chopper with the same kind of almost believable details..

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkz
Likely but there's just enough truth to the ad to make you wonder.
I'm also close to the area and notices that. He has another ad for a triumph chopper with the same kind of almost believable details..

That deserves its own separate ad, which I will post.

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

"Every time I listen to AC/DC, so do my neighbors"

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com