Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Chip205
Chip205
Southeastern PA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
C
I've just been to have another look at setting the timing. With a test lamp attached to the leaf spring of the points and the engine case the bulb stays on the whole time both when the points are open and when they are closed. Even I know this is not right.

I've got the insulating washer on right and can't see that anything is contacting elsewhere.

Last edited by courtney; 04/18/21 9:28 am.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
C
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
C
I swapped the condenser, which I'm pretty sure was faulty, but rather embarrassingly the issue turned out to be that the fuse had blown. Looked alright in the glass tube. What an utter fool I was for not checking this sooner. Alas, earwax!

K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
If the fuse had blown, how did the test light illuminate at all, let alone all the time? Doesn't make sense.

C
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
C
Someone elsewhere mentioned the condenser could leak to earth if it's faulty. Could that be the case?

It's working now anyway.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com