Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Ian Ashdown
Ian Ashdown
SoCal
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 94
Rohan 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 14
Newest Members
Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A, paulski
11,838 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
3 members (Al Eckstadt, Chip H, Tom A65LR), 18 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#841470 02/28/21 9:42 pm
R
raf940 Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
R

1972 Triumph T120
1968 BSA A65
1968 MGB Roadster
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1969 Honda Mini Trail
1939 farmall f30 tractor
2004 Honda Shadow Aero

1975 yamaha xs650b
1972 Norton commando
2 olive drab WWII military bicycle replicas
1 member likes this: erich
British motorcycles on eBay
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Enjoyed that!

I much prefer these real women on real motorcycles than cheesecake pretending that they're on motorcycles!

Love the full-length coats they wore, with knee boots. Wouldn't mind doing that myself, except that there's so much better equipment these days! I loved my Aerostich Darien gear that Fay and I rode cross-country with, but I "sized out" of it and sold it, and now I'm looking for something else. I'd get one of these long coat outfits but you'd stay wet at modern speeds in the rain. I hear that Belstaff or "Barbour" "Trialsmaster" jackets are good, but some reviews say that you still get wet if there's a lot of water coming down, and I don't want that.

Love those two Scott "Flying Squirrels" in the ACU competition photo! That "Tinkler" bike is a monster - can't believe that was sold as a "cross-country" or "rough roads" bike. Lighter is better for that, we've learned over the years - maybe that's why I never heard of one before - they're all still bogged down and sunk in a mudhole somewhere!

Looking at these pictures as a guy looking at girls rather than a motorcyclist looking at other motorcyclists (just for a minute), I realize that hair, hats, and makeup made a LOT of difference in the way gals "presented" back then. Whatever they were doing to themselves back then didn't help, at least not to our eyes 100 years on. If you cover up the hats and imagine through whatever makeup they were wearing, there's a lot of nice eyes and smiles there. And fantastic attitudes, I'll wager.

Final thing, sort of a general question not related to motorcycles.... Is it just a modern "Geek" thing to have computer-generated voices narrating videos, even if it detracts from the presentation, and is harder to do than just speaking into a mike? To me, it's the dumbest sounding thing in the world to have an obvious mechanical voice narrating something than to have a person doing it. These things are a LOOONG way from passing the Turing test ...

That aside, though, good stuff!

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
E
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
E
Nice find. There are some great pictures in there.

Eric

-1969 Norton Commando
-1974 BMW R90/6
-1980 Moto Guzzi V50

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com