Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
perfect.tommy
perfect.tommy
vancouver, canada
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
I own a 1930 Big 4 and am pondering fitting a rear rack and panniers........if I can find them! Would anyone know if (out of the factory) the parts and fitment of the rear rack / carrier would be same for both the 16h and the big 4 of the same vintage?

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Blimey, now we are into exotic/specific questions !

The Factory Parts Book(s) will hold the reliable answer to that one.
I'm not sure I've seen one, do they exist ?

Eyeballing the brochures, they all look very similar.
Lets see if we can link to the pics
https://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/Norton-1930/images/Norton-1930-16H.jpg
[url]https://oldthumpers.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/norton-motorcycle-sales-brochure-1930_page_07.jpg[url]

I don't know if its any help, but a while ago I came across someone who was making a range of replica racks,
for quite a variety of bikes. He said he was having difficulty in obtaining the right tubing, so was thinking of giving it away.
He'd be closer to you, that might be a good avenue to investigate, since I'd think that oem racks might be tough to find these days ?
Hopethishelps.

P.S. If you know of one, grab it !
It doesn't take much to add or subtract a bit of tubing to make it fit, even I can weld enough to make it neat and pretty.
And if its too different, it would serve as a good pattern to get a 'correct' one made.

B
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Thanks Rohan, sage advice as ever!

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
You're welcome.
Tell us how it goes.

Depression era bikes are rather thin on the ground,
so there are not too many owners who can spread 'the knowledge'. ?

Moderated by  Dave Comeau 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com