Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Boomer
Boomer
Orygone
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 84
NickL 69
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 23
Newest Members
bradders, tizianouk, Breeze, FORTYTWO, TomV
11,929 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
3 members (BeezaBryan, Stuart Kirk, Magnetoman), 16 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#838587 01/30/21 10:18 pm
DJinCA Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Well known California restorer Don Harrell passed away Friday night, Jan. 29. His restorations won lots of trophies and sold for big money at auction. Here is is lineup for Las Vegas last year. The British Motorcycle community will miss him. RIP Don.

DJinCA

British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
He set the bar on restorations, IMO.

Godspeed, Mr. Harrell.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Our generation is getting on with it...

Live while you can, and get the most out of it.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
Back in the early Nineties I was deep into my first BSA A65 build-up. I remember encountering a problem while trying to remove the chrome oil seal holder from the lower fork slider...just couldn't get it them apart. While this was going on I called "British Motorcycle Works" (Don's shop in Visalia, CA) about ordering some parts and the man who answered introduced himself as Don Harrell. We discussed the various parts I was planning to order and then I casually mentioned I was having much difficulty with the oil seal holder removal. He replied that he had a tool specifically for that job and that if I gave him an address he would send it to me with the proviso that it be returned as soon as I was done with it. Now, I didn't know Don at all....this was probably my first time talking with him so I was shocked that he'd send a personal shop tool to someone who was really just a voice on the phone. Sure enough, the tool arrived as promised, performed it's magic on the oil seal holder and was promptly dispatched back to Don along with many thanks from me.

Over the years I ordered many other parts from Don, but I never forgot this little act of generosity toward a newbie British Motorcycle enthusiast.

Time keeps moving on and the loss of these long time British Motorcycle guys seems to be occurring at an ever increasing rate.....

Godspeed, Don

Phil

Parts Dealer
Parts Dealer
Never met Don, but had the pleasure of speaking with him over the phone, really nice fellow, he will be missed

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
My mentor.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com