Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleIndustrial tec supplyHepolite PistonsThe Bonneville Shop

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Dave - NV
Dave - NV
Elko, Nevada USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#838062 01/25/21 9:36 pm
R
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
R
Anyone have a suggested replacement for the brake light switch on the rear brake rod? I ride in traffic more and more, and want the light to come on as soon as I tap the rear brake pedal. I have disassembled two old ones, and there is nothing wrong that I can tell; there is just too much travel in the design.
Thanks, Rick

1963 BSA Rocket Goldstar, 1969 Triumph Tiger, 1969 Norton Commando, 2017 Yamaha FZ07, 1955 Ford Thunderbird
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
W
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
W
I am assuming you are talking about the basic switch on the 1960's vintage bikes. Move the clip away from the switch body to put more out to put more tension on the spring and less distance to travel to complete the circuit. The switch trigger doesn't have to travel as far to make a circuit when you activate the brakes. Simple fix..

D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
This a very simple adjustment that is shown in the shop Manual. You can give that switch a hair trigger.

1968 T120R
1972 T120RV
Any advice given is without a warranty expressed or implied.

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com