Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
royaloilfield
royaloilfield
Trenton, New Jersey
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 91
Rohan 65
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 13
Newest Members
vanGinneke, Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A
11,839 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dave Comeau, bsalloyd, Magnetoman), 21 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#837829 01/24/21 1:14 am
D
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
D
Is Burlen likely to have a Premier 930/23 available for my 69 TR6r anytime soon. The website still says they are out of stock.
I have been in contact, sent shipping info, but can’t get anyone to take my order and get in the que. My last communication said they had built some ncarbs but they did not ask me to send a payment.
Anyone have any information on production and ordering possibilities?
Thanks
Don

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
Triumphs on eBay
T
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
T
Hi Don, No, but members on RAT site speak of strict Covid lockdowns in parts of UK. I don’t know if that’s effecting Burlen or not.
Don

1973 Tiger 750
A
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
A
I need to call them on Monday to place some orders. Phil Beresford from Burlen is a member on here but I don’t know how frequently he checks the forum.

As you can probably imagine the Concentric carb is extremely popular considering also they are less expensive than their ancestral stable mates. They would also have to keep a lot of carbs with every variation on the shelf to have immediate shipping and some varieties might not get sold for a year or more. Especially as there are 3 versions of the 600 series and 2 of the 900 (some 600 series are available as prem and prem with aluminium body) That’s a lot of carbs for one type only.

It might be worth ordering a generic carb and asking them to jet it to your requirements. It will be stamped up as the generic version also so it’s a question of if you mind the stamping being correct or not.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (now rebuilt)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
Try Surrey Cycles in the UK, I've bought 2 sets of MK1 premiers off them in the last 6 months, had them on the shelf. You need to telephone them to place the order. They 'll jet them to your spec. if you want.
https://surreycycles.com/

T
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
T
Hi, Generic can work or not, depending on your needs... Top, banjo, slides, jets. you can reuse some of your old parts if still good. If you need to purchase new slide, top, banjos, jets, the effective cost goes way up. Seen this many times.

Have any seller, including AMAL verify exactly what carb will come with. Phil at AMAL set me up with exactly what I wanted at no extra cost. With shipping was best price I could find too. He emailed me paypal. I payed. Came in 1.5weeks.

I've been finding the pilot jet on premiers is better to use 019 rather than 017, Phil did that for me on my TR7RV carb. That will usually put mixture screw at 1.5 turns. I'm experiencing this situation, right now with generic carbs that came with 017. . Mixture is correct at 3/4 turn. That makes bike run not quite right. I feel it's due to low air volume in the pilot circuit. The mixture screw turned in to get mixture correct. This reduces air volume through pilot circuit. Then you raise slide slightly to get the added air. Now the ratio of slide air & pilot air is skewed. Even though idle mixture & rpm is correct. The key factor is when idle mixture is correct mixture screw will be close to the nominal 1.5 turns out. That's how you know if your good or not.

Also, this is very important. The float level is very different. It must be just above bowl gasket surface & level with it. It should come that way. You lower it & it won't work right. Trust me on this. I posted AMAL instruction sheet on this on RAT site. I can't post photos here.
Don

1973 Tiger 750
A
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
A
Originally Posted by TR7RVMan
Hi, Generic can work or not, depending on your needs... Top, banjo, slides, jets. you can reuse some of your old parts if still good. If you need to purchase new slide, top, banjos, jets, the effective cost goes way up. Seen this many times.

Have any seller, including AMAL verify exactly what carb will come with. Phil at AMAL set me up with exactly what I wanted at no extra cost. With shipping was best price I could find too. He emailed me paypal. I payed. Came in 1.5weeks.

I've been finding the pilot jet on premiers is better to use 019 rather than 017, Phil did that for me on my TR7RV carb. That will usually put mixture screw at 1.5 turns. I'm experiencing this situation, right now with generic carbs that came with 017. . Mixture is correct at 3/4 turn. That makes bike run not quite right. I feel it's due to low air volume in the pilot circuit. The mixture screw turned in to get mixture correct. This reduces air volume through pilot circuit. Then you raise slide slightly to get the added air. Now the ratio of slide air & pilot air is skewed. Even though idle mixture & rpm is correct. The key factor is when idle mixture is correct mixture screw will be close to the nominal 1.5 turns out. That's how you know if your good or not.

Also, this is very important. The float level is very different. It must be just above bowl gasket surface & level with it. It should come that way. You lower it & it won't work right. Trust me on this. I posted AMAL instruction sheet on this on RAT site. I can't post photos here.
Don

I found when changing to the 019's I had to go to a leaner slide.

I phoned AMAL today to order two carbs, the monoblocks are on back order but the order has been placed. They managed to sort me out with a 928 for my thunderbolt of the correct specification (just the numbering was different) Im not sure who I spoke to on the phone, it might have been Phil. But they did spend quite a bit of timing going through the spec and seeing what else came up under the same specification details.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (now rebuilt)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

knuckle head
knuckle head
Originally Posted by TR7RVMan
. I posted AMAL instruction sheet on this on RAT site. I can't post photos here.
Don
Hey, be like the rest of us, spend a few bucks on a Hosting site or buy a membership here,..

79 T140D, 89 Honda 650NT ,61 A10 .On a bike you can out run the demons
"I don't know what the world may need
But a V8 engine is a good start for me
Think I'll drive to find a place, to be surly"
1 member likes this: Allan G
T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Originally Posted by Hillbilly bike
[quote=TR7RVMan]
Hey, be like the rest of us, spend a few bucks on a hosting site or buy a membership here,..

Speak for yourself.

https://postimages.org/

Amateur Loctite enthusiast.
50+ years experience
50+ years experience

[Linked Image from thebonnevilleshop.com]

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com