Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
North Carolina
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
knuckle head
knuckle head
Allan, I installed a 520 Tsubaki O ring chain on my 96 900 Ducati Monster. It came with both a rivit and clip master link. The original o ring chain was rivited, I used the clip master...The bike has about twice the rear wheel HP of a 650 Brit bike and the chain hasn't been thrown off...Or needed adjustments.

79 T140D, 96 900M Ducati ,61 A10 .On a bike you can out run the demons..
“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Allan G Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
You don’t see many Tsubaki chains in the UK, most adverts are for the US. That said I kept looking for 530 chain, there is more choice for 520.

520 might still happen.. but I’d need to know where I need to make my clearance or rather which side or both for machining, how much clearance I have to work with and the just bought chain to wear out.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

O
Ola Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
O
I have 530 x-ring on both my A65. It is really not much work to make them fit. You must, however, have the motor on the bench. It is indeed a very fine modification.

Regards

There are no bosses in a technical discussion
(Doug Hele, 1919 - 2001)
1 member likes this: Allan G
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
The biggest Unit Single gearbox sprocket is 19 teeth, uses same spline as A65.

Allan G Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Ola
I have 530 x-ring on both my A65. It is really not much work to make them fit. You must, however, have the motor on the bench. It is indeed a very fine modification.

Regards

What brand?

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

O
Ola Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
O
Allan - EK 530 MVXZ x-ring was fittet in 2007 on the T.bolt. I have hardly touched it after that. The Lightning has a cheaper DID o-ring chain, that needs a bit more attention. The EK MVXZ was the narrowest I could get at that time, 25 mm. I have rivet link on the RK, and clip in the DID.

Regards

There are no bosses in a technical discussion
(Doug Hele, 1919 - 2001)
K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
B&C Express are the place to go for chains. They sell Tsubaki, all sizes , all grades, I have used them on several modern, big bikes and can vouch they are the best chains I have used.
B&C are a small, family business in Lincolnshire, great service, used them since the late seventies.

S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
Hi Allan,
Originally Posted by Hillbilly bike
I installed a 520 Tsubaki O ring chain on my 96 900 Ducati Monster. It came with both a rivit and clip master link. The original o ring chain was rivited, I used the clip master...The bike has about twice the rear wheel HP of a 650 Brit bike and the chain hasn't been thrown off...
+1. Even T160's came with "clip master" links as standard. I've Japanese bikes that develop more power than any standard Britbike. From my time as a dispatch rider, always used "clip master" links on my bikes, and carried a spare. If you're worried, tip on TriumphRat from a US contributor - lockwire around the spring clip and the plate behind it, between the plates of the adjacent inner links.

Hth.

Regards,

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com